Media Categories (or official tags) for Feature Requests

user24

user24
Posted (edited)

Hi there, I read a post recently that mentioned that Emby is going to be updating the forums soon to a newer version?

Perhaps Emby could therefore consider including some sort of dividing of Feature Requests into Media Categories, i.e.:

• Movies
  • Music
  • TV Shows
  • Audiobooks
  • Books
  • Games
  • Music Videos
  • Home Videos & Photos
  • Mixed Content

as per the current Library Categories that are available to set up now.

If this was too many categories (it probably is), then perhaps a limited (more popular) set would be better, e.g.:

• Movies
  • Music
  • TV Shows
  • Other

These could possibly be separate Sections or perhaps a fixed Official Tags approach (not the arbitrary ones available now).

• this could make it easier for members to view the relevant topics of interest, grouped together, and less likely to repeat a request.
  • this would likely make it easier for Emby to review requests (individual or combined) for a given media type.

I am imagining a tagging approach could be somewhat similar to the current Feature Request Status Tags:

image.thumb.png.a29857e72c8e5cb84e7f25337d86ddd9.png

but this would depend on the format of any forum updates, of course.

If this was relatively easy to set up (short-term) it would have increased future benefit (long-term) as the forums grow much larger with increased content.

Thanks for considering.

P.S. A similar Official Tags approach could also be useful across the forums, in general, not just Feature Requests.

Edited by user24
Added P.S. Section

Gilgamesh_48

That might be a good idea but to me it seems excessively complex and very much unneeded. 

The only thing that i think needs to be added is some kind of tracker for both features and bugs. Users should only report and comment but being able to view where things are would, I think, serve to reduce that amount of noise in the forums.

Of course Emby will never do that as they seem to really like to keep things hidden right up to release. I think that is a mistake but I also do not really want to have a more active role so anything done should not force or entice people into active roles.