Issues Connecting to Local Host Since Update to v4.8.5.0

Kerros

Kerros

Hello All,

I'm having a fun little problem. I updated my Emby to v4.8.5.0 but now it is refusing to connect me to my localhost instance (e.g. this site cannot be reached; connection refused). A few preliminary notes:

1. The jail is up.
  2. I've tried restarting my NAS and Emby
  3. Verified my Firewall settings are still in order / correctly configured
  4. Making sure I'm using the correct web link using "http://"

I have a hunch it might be related to one of the packages that updated along with Emby but am unsure of the command line to check. If anyone can offer some suggestions, would be appreciated. I don't want to have to do another reinstall of Emby because of an update lol.

Kerros
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, is any Emby server log file generated?

Emby Server Data Folder

Hey @Luke,

I cannot find a generic embyserver.txt in any of the locations shown within that link but I can find two "embyserver-[bunch of numbers].txt" files.

I found it under /var/db/emby-server/logs in my Emby Jail.

Would either of those work?

Edited by Kerros

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Kerros said:

Hey @Luke,

I cannot find a generic embyserver.txt in any of the locations shown within that link but I can find two "embyserver-[bunch of numbers].txt" files.

I found it under /var/db/emby-server/logs in my Emby Jail.

Would either of those work?

Yes the logs in that folder are what is needed.  The embyserver.txt is the active running server log and the numbered one are previous day as logs rollover at midnight or from a previous server restart.  Logs are maintained for 3 days. 

If you do not have a embyserver.txt that would suggest Emby is not running,

Kerros
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes the logs in that folder are what is needed.  The embyserver.txt is the active running server log and the numbered one are previous day as logs rollover at midnight or from a previous server restart.  Logs are maintained for 3 days. 

If you do not have a embyserver.txt that would suggest Emby is not running,

Noted.

@Luke, attached the output from my console for the most recent testing yesterday and some of the day prior.

Emby Server Log 1.txt Emby Server Log 2.txt

Edited by Kerros

Happy2Play

Have you tried updating 3.8.5.0 again as those logs are from 4.7.14.0.  But am not familiar with the platform at all.

Kerros
14 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Have you tried updating 3.8.5.0 again as those logs are from 4.7.14.0.  But am not familiar with the platform at all.

Yep. It's a simple

pkg update && pkg upgrade

from the jail's console. Tried again but it said everything was up-to-date.

Happy2Play

@GrimReapercan you move this to FreeBSD for better visibility as it is beyond General/Windows

Hi, how did you originally install Emby Server?

Kerros
On 5/8/2024 at 11:23 PM, Luke said:

Hi, how did you originally install Emby Server?

Manually. You may recall a different post where I had the same issue when trying to update from the community version of Emby but had to do a reinstall for it to work.

11 hours ago, Kerros said:

Manually. You may recall a different post where I had the same issue when trying to update from the community version of Emby but had to do a reinstall for it to work.

Manually how? The reason I ask is because there a few different ways on freebsd.

Kerros
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Manually how? The reason I ask is because there a few different ways on freebsd.

Here's a link to the previous thread which detailed my manual install. It's at the bottom marked as the answer.