Wiggle room on marking video as HD

Heckler

Heckler

Is there any wiggle room in marking video files as HD content?

I've got a few movies that come in at 1272 instead of 1280... and don't get the cover treatment of HD overlay.

For the sake of a few pixels, they're HD content.

Is there a way around this?

crashkelly

Not sure if this will help or not, but for my Blu-Ray 3D movies I created a profile within covert art and applied a specific cover to that profile.

In your case you should be able to select a specific cover for the type of file it is and get you cover HD applied. For example, I have, under "Specific Covers", created a selection that applies the BD Cover to all H264 files. I have done this as I am re-ripping my BD ISOs to mkv but still want to have the BD cover.

If you need more information or help just let me know and I would be happy to give you more :)

Cheers

The number we're using right now is actually 1270.  I'll let Luke decide if he wants to reduce it any more.

• Like 1

it's 1270. i don't recall if that's in the server release you have or if it's in the next one to be released. so just hold out a little longer then report back.

Redshirt

Luke. What value did you use as the min for 1080p. I went 1270 & 1900 in Android and I'd like to match the servers' values.

Heckler

At the moment I've got movies with 1264 and 1272 that refuse to show up as HD content... They're 720p rips rather than 1080p obviously.