How do i force tmdb metadata for a particular series ?

xd003
Go to solution Solved by xd003,

xd003
Posted (edited)

i have not changed anything in the default series type library creation options. Unless i am mistaken, it uses tvdb by default which has been fine for me most of the times but there are certain series wherein tvdb has totally messed up the seasons/episode listing and i would like to use tmdb for that particular series. I saw some posts on the forum regarding this but it was quite inconvenient like switch to tmdb as default, then rescan that series then lock it and switch back to tvdb. I have all my content perfectly named with an indication of what metadata provider's season + episode listing is being followed, Can't emby simply make use of that information instead of having users do that process everytime they want to use a specific metadata provider for a series ? 

For instance all of my series folder have the tmdb/tvdb-XXXX mentioned in the folder itself  -

Attack on Titan (2013) [tmdbid-1429]
  Season 01
    Attack on Titan (2013) - S01E01 - 001 - To You, in 2000 Years The Fall of Shiganshina - 1080p.mkv

Dr. Stone (2019) [tvdbid-355774]
  Season 01
    Dr. Stone (2019) - S01E01 - 001 - Stone World - 1080p.mkv

Is there a way to have emby automatically choose the metadata provider from the folder name instead of a fixed priority in library creation options

Edited by xd003

pwhodges
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, xd003 said:

there are certain series wherein tvdb has totally messed up the seasons/episode listing

Messed up how?  Could you consider adjusting your file numbering to match TVDB, if that's the problem?  Have you checked whether TVDB has the order you require as DVD order, for instance?

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

• Solution
xd003
Posted (edited)

@pwhodgesthanks for the heads up, i can confirm that tvdb's dvd order is exactly how my library is ( and how its on tmdb by default). i have changed the file order setting to dvd 

Edited by xd003

Hi, has this resolved your issue?