"Continue Watching" entries duplicated, but only from one library

LuBuPursuer
Go to solution Solved by LuBuPursuer,

LuBuPursuer
Posted (edited)

I'm running Emby 4.8.5.0 in a container on the newest Unraid. Got this weird problem with the "Continue Watching" list on the home screen:
Items from my TV library are being shown twice. The library itself shows them correctly. Other user profiles have the same problem.

This is how it looks:

image.thumb.png.b970990b38223424fb1c47e28cbd911b.png

The first item is from my "Movies" library, following that are 2 episodes from my "TV" library. After that is an episode from the "Anime" library. Only the items from the TV library are being displayed twice. It happens with every single show from that library and each show has only one version (one file per episode).

My library setup:

image.thumb.png.d25cbd8c5424ef35b634372a71bc0f99.png

The shows are only listed once in the TV library itself (as well as the episodes when you open a show or season):
image.thumb.png.2e0c0180760716a0642d6d1ca56ff792.png

While writing this, i noticed that shows (including episodes) are showing up twice in the search as well:

image.thumb.png.4104bbb136e4b299bc0bc45972c5fbb6.png

TL;DR:
Episodes are being duplicated in "Continue Watching" and search results, library is fine.

I have attached my embyserver.txt file.

embyserver.txt

Edited by LuBuPursuer
Additional info

Hi, please see here for my thoughts and suggested action on this: 

LuBuPursuer
Posted (edited)

Weird things happening: I removed the TV library and deleted the old path mapping in the container (the /tv folder) and created a new mapping called /shows. Before creating the new library i let emby scan the library. After that i restarted emby and created the new library pointing to the new path "/shows". Emby took a few hours to get all the metadata again, but the problem still persists and is even worse:

image.thumb.png.4cef15595c9a6088d133953e14ce4fec.png

For testing purposes, i added two new shows after i created the new /shows library, to see if it will still happen with newly added shows. And yes, it does. There's a difference in how the old shows get displayed, tho: Old shows have two different thumbnails!

Furthermore, the duplicated entry shows the OLD path, which doesn't even exist anymore for the emby container. If a user tries to open the duplicate, they now get an error that the file can't be found.

Old path that gets shown on the duplicates:
image.png.a3e03f859a6befcd1235b31ca158aa84.png

New and correct path:
image.png.1042e5cb87c2ad45f0a4aafde6766482.png

I added the old path mapping back for testing purposes. If i delete the duplicate entry, it actually deletes the file in the new /shows folder. (Physically they're the same folder, so that makes sense.)

It's still weird to me that it still shows the old path since the library doesn't even exist anymore in emby.

I'm out of ideas.

Edited by LuBuPursuer

LuBuPursuer

Update: If i remove the new /shows library, the duplicated "continue watching" entries still stay:

image.png.33ab4358386f25ee7619e75066362237.png

But the entries from the new /shows library are gone. These are all the duplicates with the old, nonexisting /tv path.

• Solution
LuBuPursuer

Update #2:

I removed the /shows library again and reinstated the old /tv path, to ensure that the users can continue to watch an episode even if they click on a duplicate.
Restarted the container and vacuumed the database. Then i re-added the library under the old /tv path.

Now the duplicates disappeared!

Don't know if it was the database vacuuming or the usage of the old path, but it did the trick!

• Thanks 1