Issue with using multiple network connections

Malonstian

Malonstian

I am wondering if there is a way to force MB3 server to choose a certain network connection to gain an IP with?

I have two network connections on a windows 7 32-bit PC, one is an USB modem I use for my internet connection, and the other is a wifi card I am using to share the internet connection with the other devices in my home. I have no router. Everytime I start MB3, it gets an IP from the USB modem and not the wifi card. I assume that it is because the modem has internet and it wants to set itself up for remote connections, but I don't care about that, I just want to serve my media to the devices I have locally.

The way it is now, most of my devices won't even see the server, and roku does see it but then wont even load most of the library. When I disconnect the modem I lose internet, but the server gains an IP with the wifi and them streaming starts flawlessly, but when I connect the modem again, it just goes back and I lose the connection.

Is there any way I can prevent this from happening and keep it assigned to my wifi card? I hope I've been descriptive enough, and thanks for any help you guys might have.