Bug(?) when using albums tab in a library restricted by artist tags

jazztrance

jazztrance

I've noticed some odd behaviour when testing content restrictions. I want another user to have access to a subset of a music library and used tags to accomplish this. I applied the tag that allows that user see the content to the "artist" level in the metadata editor so that all the albums under that artist are okayed at once. When I go into the library as this user the expected albums are there in the suggestions tab and the artists are there in the artist tabs, but in the albums tab there is nothing. Navigating to an artist page I get a list of their songs in alphabetical order, but no list of albums like there usually is. The songs play so the content is properly getting whitelisted with the tag system but it's just skipping the album layer.

Hello jazztrance,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

jazztrance

images of what I'm seeing on tabs in question

artists.PNG

albums.PNG

suggestions.PNG

Hi @jazztranceyou'll need to tag the albums. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

jazztrance
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi @jazztranceyou'll need to tag the albums. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thanks, I figured, but it's a bit tedious. Would be nice to have an option to apply the tag throughout the hierarchy in the future if possible but I'll make do

jazztrance
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hmmm, actually upon trying to tag the albums individually, nothing changes. I checked with an album that has the tag at both the artist and album level, and reset the server and rechecked. A search returns every track on the album but not the album itself, the artist page doesn't list it in the album section but the song section contains the songs and they play.

jaycedk

Try this from the metadata manager

image.thumb.png.54b3af212a09c648f430067c2f454135.png

jazztrance
13 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

Try this from the metadata manager

image.thumb.png.54b3af212a09c648f430067c2f454135.png

No change. The library has been scanned a few times from other menus since I encountered this issue

Happy2Play
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes tag restrictions via music is difficult as all the track tagging is creating the tab views.  So tagging a virtual item may not carry over to all levels or even populate other tabs.

Testing tagging every level still did not populate the Album tab. (Artist, Album and tracks).  Or even tagging structure (folder view) still does not populate Album tab.  But is accessible Latest Music as Album or Suggestions does not show album in Artist only songs.

Can you try refreshing the metadata on the album? I just tested this and it worked just fine. I tagged a taylor swift album with the tag showit, then I set my user to only allow items tagged with showit.

What I saw in the music library was the album under albums as well as taylor swift under artists.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you try refreshing the metadata on the album? I just tested this and it worked just fine. I tagged a taylor swift album with the tag showit, then I set my user to only allow items tagged with showit.

What I saw in the music library was the album under albums as well as taylor swift under artists.

Hmm still no change. Something must be different but I can't think of what it could be.

Also noticed something that indicates there's something recognizing the album tag. I have the beatles tagged with 'whitelist' and abbey road tagged with 'whitelist'. The list of songs under the beatles in artist view is all of their songs but it's ordered so abbey road songs are listed first in alphabetical and then the rest are listed in alphabetical order

16 hours ago, jazztrance said:

Nevermind pulled 4.8.6 from dockerhub installed and restarted - same behaviour.

try refreshing the metadata on the album. please see if that helps. Thanks.

What exactly did you do? can you show screenshots of where you have applied tags?

Happy2Play
On 5/15/2024 at 2:24 PM, Luke said:

I can't get Albums in albums tab.  Only Suggestions/AlbumArtist/Artist/Songs/Tags all other tabs show "No items found."

Happy2Play

Folder and Album are tagged.

image.thumb.png.1bdbd4f3e5ca2abbfacc0fe8b20df217.pngimage.thumb.png.4f7a896155437c24feb44e6165dee5d9.png

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I can't get Albums in albums tab.  Only Suggestions/AlbumArtist/Artist/Songs/Tags all other tabs show "No items found."

In case you're testing on the beta, there is an issue there, but I tested this in 4.8 and it is working.

Happy2Play
Just now, Luke said:

In case you're testing on the beta, there is an issue there, but I tested this in 4.8 and it is working.

Was testing in 4.8.6.0.  But get the same results in 4.9.

jazztrance
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly did you do? can you show screenshots of where you have applied tags?

attached

tag1.PNG

tag2.PNG

user.PNG

Edited by jazztrance
wrong pic

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, jazztrance said:

attached

user.PNG

tag1.PNG

tag2.PNG

Technically you have not tagged the album itself only folders.  But I have tested tagging both via album tab and via folder tab with same results.