Get all TV Show ID's in Library?

EatSleepCodeDel
Go to solution Solved by AbOoOdY,

EatSleepCodeDel

Hi all!

I am looking for an API endpoint where I can list all IDs of TV Shows or Movies in a library. I have looked at the docs, swagger.emby.media, and Googled and can't find anything to enumerate this data.

For context, I want to develop a small companion tool to dynamically manage collections based on metadata of TV shows and movies. For this to work, I need to iterate over each show or movie in a library, parse the data and add matching items to collections.

Apologies in advance if this is an `ID10T` error. 😅

Thanks!

hi, what have you done so far?

EatSleepCodeDel

Not a whole lot currently. I have been using curl to validate endpoints and their schema. e.g.

curl -X GET "http://<IP-ADDRESS>:8096/emby/Shows/290934/Episodes?api_key=${EMBY_TOKEN}"

I have been able to get valid responses, so I know the API is accessible in my environment and I can validate against it. What I want (in an ideal world) would be able to hit an endpoint like:

curl -X GET "http://<IP-ADDRESS>:8096/emby/libraries/tv_shows/entries?api_key=${EMBY_TOKEN}"

and get a response like:

{
  "TV Shows" : 
    [
      {
        "Title" : "foo",
        "ID" : "1234",
        "Genre" : "Comedy",
        "Studio" : "HBO"
      },
      {
        "Title" : "bar",
        "ID" : "4321",
        "Genre" : "Drama",
        "Studio" : "Netflix"
      }
    ],
  "page" : 1,
  "pages_total": 15
}

A single API call per 'page' of library entries would be ideal. I could then enumerate over the pages and parse the data in weird and wonderful ways, but I know this may not be possible. I would be happy with a way to query what is in my TV Shows or Movies library and have it return the IDs of the shows and movies in them. Is this possible?

Thank you!

hthgihwaymonk
Posted (edited)

I usually use the "GET /Users/{UserId}/Items" endpoint for this  

Edited by hthgihwaymonk

Souhila121320
curl -X GET "http://<IP-ADDRESS>:8096/emby/libraries/tv_shows/entries?api_key=${EMBY_TOKEN}"

• Disagree 1

EatSleepCodeDel

Thanks for the suggestion, hthgihwaymonk. Unfortunately, that is not what I am after. I need to be able to get the IDs of each show or movie so I can then make calls to endpoints such as `/Shows/{Id}/Episodes`

• Solution
AbOoOdY

try this:

{emby_server_url}/emby/Items?ParentId={parent_id}&api_key={api_key}

EatSleepCodeDel

Thank you very much, AbOoOdY! That did the trick!

• Like 1