what is going on?!

Tolerant

Tolerant

I just updated to 8.4.50 or whatever it was.. sadly after cleaning out OLD backups.. cause I was not expecting THIS! And NOW I can not see ANY movies, tv shows.. .NOTHING unless I ONLY go to collections, and pick it from a collection. I have tried uninstalling, removing database, adding a new user.. which works.. but nothing I can do with ANY version past or present will reset this damn freaking program to scratch!?!?! I am stuck in some kind of hell! It will show "Played" watch status and I can even select stuff.. but i Just want to start over at this point and I cannot even do that! ON a sys nas 7.2 64x .. I never should have updated.. always a freaking hassle.

Happy2Play

Have you tried appling Parental controls set to any value, hit save, then remove the parental controls and and hit save?  Do your libraries appear?

Tolerant
36 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Have you tried appling Parental controls set to any value, hit save, then remove the parental controls and and hit save?  Do your libraries appear?

yes, it has no effect. The only way I can see any movies for example is to set them to "played" but then clearing filters does NOT reset them. And it's just my user.. at this point I am about ready to take a hammer to it.

Tolerant

Please just tell me how the F to get rid of ALL OF THIS to start over fully?!?! IT WILL NOT GO AWAY?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolerant

Every time I uninstall and reinstall I get the same crap?! This is making me want to pull my hair out?!

Happy2Play

Believe on these platforms you have to manually delete Emby programdata.

image.png

Why not create a new user and restore usedata to that user?

Tolerant

I removed ALL backups.. and was going to make new ones.. as they were not current.. and got hit with "UPDATE!" so I did.. nothing to restore from.

NOW I have SSH'ed in, .. and even uninstalled from NAS.. then removed ANY trace I could find.. REINSTALLED.. and now .. am just stuck at an EMBY browser page.. with it spinning.. and can not do crap.  I am so insanely fed up and have no clue how to fix any of this now. It's a nightmare! And I have no room on my drive.. which I need to FIX .. and I can't do that without having EMBY!!

Tolerant

It's not like I can CTRL-ALT-DEL and just end a stuck Emby.. it's all on my NAS and even though I can SSH in now and removed it, now I am in limbo and cannot do anything at all.. No way to fix it because it just goes right back to this same situation.

Tolerant

omg I got in.. installed old versions from NAS, it would not run, uninstalled it, reinstall  8.4.50 for the 4th time and then also reset all cookies for the local site.. finally it worked so I can start over.  That is horrible.