Turning on Resolution data in Genres or Tags does not pull updated

visproduction

visproduction

Happens 100% for all Emby versions I have used, including the latest 4.9.0.16 beta

1. Add any media at resolution 480P.
  2. Make genre and tags options (3 dots pulldown menu) to include the resolution info.
  3. The correct resolution does appear.
  4. Add a higher resolution copy 720P or 1080P into the library folder.
  5. Update / refresh all libraries.
  6. Go to genre or tags again to see the media card.
  7. The resolution does not update.
  8. Turn resolution off and on again.
  9. The resolution data in genre or tags remains 480P and never updates.

Genre tags data is not updated when different res versions are added to library.jpg

Hi, I don't fully understand what you're saying here, but those two screenshots have no relation to each other.

The 480p on the left comes from the detected resolution. The 480p on the right comes from the filename.

Happy2Play

But selected version has nothing to do with what Emby considers primary versions metadata/nfo (first item added) that is being read/displayed.

Until there is a Default version I do not see this working unless it is coded to just display the Highest Resolution always from a multi-version standpoint and not primary.

Edited by Happy2Play

visproduction
Posted (edited)

Resolution in the genre and tags lists never updates to include the newer media.  It only picks the original media copy, whatever it is and the small 480P still shows in genres and tags for many media that have higher resolution.  The dbase data is write once and never update, no matter what gets loaded into the library folder.  Does that make better sense?

Actually same issue happens in the main libraries.  Resolution info in cards are not updated ever.  If 30 videos get higher resolution copies, then all 30 will still be showing the lower resolution 480P text.  It is probably somehow the default.  The result is this resolution info is inaccurate whenever a different res is added to the library.  There appears to be no method to update this data.

Edited by visproduction

Happy2Play

One item is primary to Emby just like each item has independently written nfo files but Emby can only display one, the first item imported.

So I guess as mentioned the request would be Always provide the Highest Resolution available in a multi-version environment on this display card? As this would only be for Display purposes only though.

Happy2Play

This is really not new as versions has limits to first item imported representing all items.

image.thumb.png.658febfe6f96f0f14c6c50dd6351e2f5.png 

So in your case if you select edit metadata it will show you that the 480p item is representing all versions.

visproduction
Posted (edited)

Aha!

Update I found a way to change the media card to read 1080P.

1. Go into the .nfo file for the higher res 1080P and change the dateadded to a current date, which is more recent than the other 480P version.
  2. Refresh the library.

Results: 1080P now shows in media card for library, genre and tags.

===

Does anyone else find this important enough to change to either automatically go with a higher res or let the user set this inside metadata editor?  Vote if you agree.

Edited by visproduction