Directplay significantly darker (incorrect) than transcode (correct)

T3Knical5urg32

T3Knical5urg32

As you can see in the image, when I directplay various content (both HDR and SDR) it is significantly darker. I am using MS Edge. I do not have this issue on my android phone using the app.

Transcode vs Direct.PNG

@T3Knical5urg32if this is truly direct playing (are you sure?), then it is a question for the MS Edge video player as it handles video playback entirely for the web app.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

T3Knical5urg32

Yes emby reports directlyplay and if I force it to transcode via a lower resolution/bitrate the issue disappears. I don't note any other scenarios using ms edge and video playback where the video appears darkened like this.

9 minutes ago, T3Knical5urg32 said:

Yes emby reports directlyplay and if I force it to transcode via a lower resolution/bitrate the issue disappears. I don't note any other scenarios using ms edge and video playback where the video appears darkened like this.

Edge's hardware acceleration (or lack thereof) could be playing a role in this. Toggling that on or off may also resolve this, but unfortunately could also cause other new problems as well.

T3Knical5urg32

Well shoot, it looks like you might be correct but you are also right that it is not ideal to toggle of the hardware acceleration. I will leave it off for now and see what happens, thanks for engaging.

• Thanks 1

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.