Intermittent Playback Issue with Emby

Dydhzo

Dydhzo

Hello, I have a problem with Emby. I searched the forum, and other people have had the same issue, but I couldn't find a solution.

Here's my problem:

The media stops playing and then resumes, and I only have this problem with transcoding. All my files are in HEVC, and many are in 10-bit. Most of them have subtitles, but I don't think the issue comes from them. I mostly encounter this problem on Android TV (Nokia 8000). I think I also had the problem on my iPhone XR, but not as frequently.

Emby is on Unraid, and I'm using the official version (embyserver). I've configured transcoding in advanced settings, and I've checked all the boxes. In the Emby Docker settings, I've properly set:

NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES
NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES
/transcode
--runtime=nvidia

So, I don't have any issues on that side, normally. However, I don't experience any problems with direct playback (at least it seems so). I don't know where the problem originates from.

(The issue occurs both locally and remotely)

Here are my Emby and FFmpeg logs.
And here's also a picture of my transcoding settings on Emby.

ffmpeg-transcode.txt embyserver.txt

img-parameter-transcoding.png

Edited by Dydhzo

Dydhzo

I just noticed that I also have the issue with direct playback on (I just noticed on my iPhone XR)

Stream
MKV (5 mbps)

Direct Play
Video
1080p HEVC
Direct Play (5 mbps)

Audio
French EAC3 5.1 (Default)
Direct Play (640 kbps)

Speed on my iPhone:
Downstream Mbps = 75
Upstream Mbps = 12.30

• 2 weeks later...

@LukeThank you for your response. Yes, I decreased it yesterday, so I'm waiting to see how it goes. Basically, I went to the network settings -> Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps) and set it to 16
Are you talking about this well?

23 hours ago, Dydhzo said:

@LukeThank you for your response. Yes, I decreased it yesterday, so I'm waiting to see how it goes. Basically, I went to the network settings -> Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps) and set it to 16
Are you talking about this well?

Yes, although if ISP throttling is occurring then you might need to go even lower than that.