Playback of 4K HVEC mkv files not working anymore

staeff
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

staeff

Since a few days (maybe 1-2 weeks) the playback of 4K HVEC mkv files does not work anymore correctly for Emby on LG webOS. It just loads forever and shows "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.". Some of those files worked before and just became broken recently. When I mux the files to mp4 the playback just starts to work normally again. I also was not able to reproduce the behaviour with with 1080p files as far as I could tell.

I'm using Emby for LG 1.0.42 on a LG G2 webOS 24 (v13.30.56) with Emby Server 4.8.5.0

Here are some examples of not working 4K HVEC mkv files:

image.png.9f52a9460db3815cd365f296e4941f3d.pngimage.png.6fa4c0178708cea89338031fd0845939.pngimage.png.91ec8a50cff3471ddde74e440ae64d68.png

Edited by staeff
more version info

• Solution

Hi, looks like you may have disabled the server transcoding option to allow subtitle extractions on the fly. Please try turning that back on and see how things compare. Thanks.

• Like 1

staeff

Oh wow, that fixed it immediately, thanks. I remember trouble shooting something a while ago and disabling it for that. Still seems weird that this is only affecting 4k mkv files though.

• Thanks 1

staeff

Also to add to this, the same movie played fine on the iphone app. So seems like something that could be fixed.