Live TV pixelation freakout

chizz44

chizz44

I'm a faithful longtime user of Emby and have run it on various flavors of Linux and hardware over the years. I recently began experiencing a problem with periodic buffering\pixelation while watching Live TV. I recently stood up Proxmox server and was running Emby in an LXC without hardware acceleration, so I thought that might have been the issue. I have now stood up a BOSGAME B100 Mini PC with Ubuntu Server running nothing but Emby.

I have hardware acceleration now using QuickSync (I unchecked VAAPI Alder Lake - N UHD Graphics in Transcoding\Advanced) and while the performance feels snappier and smoother overall, I still have this weird problem with Live TV. At or around the top of the hour, mostly at night, the Live TV stream will freakout and devolve into a pixelated laggy mess. If I back out of the channel and return, it plays fine. 

I have 1GB throughout my LAN. I am viewing TV through an Nvidia Shield attached to my TV. Attached is my log file, taken shortly after it happened this evening.

embyserver_LIVE_TV_FREAKOUT_657PM.txt

chizz44

Pleased to report that turning off "Direct Play Live TV" in the client settings appears to have resolved this issue. I'll report back if that doesn't hold up.

chizz44

SOLVED - I was still using the Emby for Android TV app, once I switched to the Emby for Android app, all playback problems for Live TV went away.

• Thanks 1