Xbox One S question

1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy

Long time emby user here, I mainly use it with an nvdia shield in my theater room and living room. I also have a ziddo I have been playing with.

Going to knocked the dust off my Xbox One S and give emby theater a try, I would like to start using that as an all in one for the disc playback capability too. 

Bought this brand new, powered it on once, and put it back in the box.

• I have a 7.1.4 atmos set-up in my theater with a marantz SR6012 that can process atmos and dts:x
  • If I were to install emby theater on this, will the xbox be able to direct play most anything like a shield? All of my files are mkv remux rips off my discs and I am trying to avoid any transcoding and want it to pass through the audio to the reciever directly.
  • How does it handle HDR content? Any issues? My epson projector is compadible up to HDR10

Anything else I am missing?

Sorry for the questions, I am sure they have been answered buried deep in the forum. Hoping someone can offer a quick reply

Thanks again!

1971camaroguy

Nevermind, been doing some m ore research and it looks like it might try and transcode DTS HD-MA audio. Don't need that, will prob sitck with the shield, it never let me down

Thanks anyways