Metadata never stop grow after restart Emby

est3ban129

est3ban129

I am experiencing a persistent issue with Emby Server on Fedora, where the size of the metadata folder continuously increases after every server restart or power outage. It seems that something triggers a re-indexing of all content, which rapidly fills up a 500GB hard drive.

Under normal conditions, without restarts or power outages, the metadata typically occupies around 100GB to 120GB. However, due to recent storm-related power outages, the metadata folders on both of my Emby servers have expanded significantly, completely filling up the hard drives and causing the servers to collapse.

What could be the solution to prevent this excessive metadata growth after restarts or power failures?

image.png.cdb120aca5d62238c610397b40c4383a.png

Hi there, can you please provide an example of what is growing underneath there? Thanks.

est3ban129

I not have any idea, what growing inside metadata folder ... Just i see metadata folder never stop increase size.

sa2000
54 minutes ago, est3ban129 said:

I not have any idea, what growing inside metadata folder .

Can you not identify the directory below which the files are being added ?

Lots of examples if you do web search for how to get list of files

For example - from one web page, you can adapt one of the suggested commands to :

in linux shell session, cd to the top directory where the files / folders are being created after the restrat 

and type in a command like this

find $1 -type f -print0 | xargs -0 stat --format '%Y :%y %n' | sort -nr | cut -d: -f2- > filelist.txt

This would produce in file filelist.txt a directory list of all files sorted by last date/time recursively starting with the current directory.

(Adapted this from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5566310/how-to-recursively-find-and-list-the-latest-modified-files-in-a-directory-with-s_

See also this for providing logs to be captured at the time of the metadata growth.

Edited by sa2000