Seeking Advice on organizing media files with SAB, Emby, and Radar

Jey2024

Jey2024

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Emby and Usenet-related stuff, so I'm trying to figure out quite a lot of things.

In my setup, I have a small confusion, and I wanted to see if any knowledgeable members can share some pointers.

I have 2 main Emby libraries: Movies and TV Series. These 2 libraries are shared with another user account, which is connected to my TV. Now, I also created a library called Private to place any movies or series with mature content, as I don't want my kids to see those movies/series. I'm using Prowlarr and Radarr with the SAB client, which is working great. I have mapped movie categories to the Movies directory and series categories to the TV directory. This is nicely mapped with the SAB client's category section as well.

This setup works very well. For example, if I download a kid-friendly movie, it automatically goes to the Movies directory, and that Movies directory is nicely mapped to my Emby Movies library, so all is good. Now, what if I download a PG movie? How can I automatically move it to a separate category/library called Private? I tried adding a tag in Radarr while downloading, after mapping the SAB category private to a directory named Private, but it's still not working, and it's automatically getting tagged as "movies". 

I know it sounds confusing, but I'm trying to figure out a way to send 2 different types of movies to 2 different directories.

For example, cartoon movies should go to a directory named Movies, but any mature content movies should go to a directory named Private. I spent quite a lot of time trying to set this up, but ultimately all types of movies are either being downloaded to Movies or Private. There is no way for me to pick and choose where it should go after the download.

In SABnzbd, there is only 1-1 mapping. In Radarr, while adding a movie or a movie collection, there is a place to add a "tag". Can I somehow configure it in a way that if I type there "private", it should link to SAB's private category and go to the Private directory?

Sorry for all these questions, and thanks in advance.

Edited by Jey2024
corrected some terms

Hi.  Please seek help for this on the forums for that particular product.  Thanks.

Jey2024
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Please seek help for this on the forums for that particular product.  Thanks.

Sorry, before posting, I actually searched this forum and saw quite a number of threads talking about these products, so that's why I wanted to ask for some general guidelines.

Feel free to delete this topic.