Guide Usability Problems on Emby for Roku 4.1.15

hirmenator

hirmenator

I have a some gripes with the Guide functionality on the Emby for Roku app (version 4.1.15):

1. I can select the Tags in the guide ["Show Only channels with Tag(s)"], however I have to do it every time the Emby app is started on Roku.  It would be ideal if the Tags would be remembered after an app re-start.
  2. I can select the Sort in the guide ["Sort by:"], however I have to do it every time the Emby app is started on Roku.  It would be ideal if the Sort would be remembered after an app re-start.
  3. I can set the Sort in the Guide ["Sort by:"] only to a limited number of options.  I would really like to have the same options that are available in a Web Browser.  I'm specifically referring to the "Favorites, Then by..." options that are available in a Web Browser, but not on Roku.

I'm hoping these are something that could be addressed in a future version of Emby for Roku.

Thanks

1. This is the same as all the other apps, correct?

2. That should not be the case.  Guide sorting is remembered.  Can you give details?

3. This should be aligned in the near future but is there not a check box for favorites at the top?

hirmenator

I had only used the Web and Roku apps.  But, I did just install the Android app to compare.  Here is what I found:

1. When I first opened the Android app, it actually had the same settings that I had last set in the Web version.  However, this is not the case on Roku.  On Roku, if I select one of my custom tags in the "Show Only channels with Tag(s)" list and then exit Emby on Roku and then open Emby, the setting reverts to only having "All channels" selected.  On Android, I can change the setting and it will still be there after I Force Stop the app and open it again and it is also updated in the Web app.  This sync between the Web and Android app setting for channel tags would be ideal on Roku.
  2. I'm not sure what more details I can give.  It is not being remembered for me on Roku (in my test on Android, the first time I opened Emby it pulled in the settings I had last set in the Web version).  If I set my preferred sort option on Roku and then exit the Emby app and then open the Emby app, the sort setting reverts back to what is presumably the default of "Default Channel Order".  However, I have noticed that if I set to a sort option that is common between the Roku app and the Web app, this will be the value selected when I open the Roku app.
  3. There is no "Favorites" option in my "Sort by:" list on Roku.

If the sort and channel tags settings were to sync between Roku and Web like they do for Android and Web, I think that would be ideal.

Just now, hirmenator said:

if I set to a sort option that is common between the Roku app and the Web app, this will be the value selected when I open the Roku app.

Okay, so that explains that.  The Roku cannot sort by a method it doesn't understand.