Emby refuses to Enable on Terramaster

Topgaza

Topgaza

I've installed Emby and there is an enable button. When I select it comes back as Operation failed ?

Anyone any ideas please

Edited by Topgaza

Hi there, how did you install Emby Server?

Topgaza
Posted (edited)

Hi Luke. From the Terramaster app centre. Then I tried a manual install within the app centre settings with the latest version. but all it did was install the earlier version. Which was odd in itself.

I'm on TOS 5.1 and the version of Emby on the Terramaster is 4.8.3.0. The manual install is with 4.8.5.0 and is the 64 bit TOS 5 version.

The NAS is the F4-423

Edited by Topgaza

Topgaza

Uninstalled Emby and downloaded the latest Beta version 4.9.0.14 and did a manual install. TOS asked me to confirm this was the version I want installed and went ahead and installed it. However when I opened the Emby icon it said 4.8.3.0 was installed and yet again on selecting Enable it just came back with Operation Failed. No other reasons given

Hi Luke. From the Terramaster app centre.

What version is available to you there?

Topgaza
Posted (edited)

But I have downloaded the latest 4.8.5.0 as in post above. But when I open the Emby icon it says its installed 4.8.3.0 which is just weird.

It seems TOS 5.1 and Emby aren't communicating ... correctly

Edited by Topgaza

Topgaza

Not sure how to find that folder in TOS 5.1 Luke

But as it didnt even enable I'm not sure any logs were generated anyway ?

alucryd
12 hours ago, Topgaza said:

But I have downloaded the latest 4.8.5.0 as in post above. But when I open the Emby icon it says its installed 4.8.3.0 which is just weird.

It seems TOS 5.1 and Emby aren't communicating ... correctly

That's a known issue, terramaster doesn't update the version in the dashboard with manual installs, despite the updated package metadata, I believe they display version information from their own store instead of what's in the manual install 😕

I just updated my F2-221 to TOS 5.1, the installed emby still worked after the update. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Is it a first install, or did you have a working version before upgrading?

Edited by alucryd

Topgaza

First install. I suspect I’m having some issues with Plex so wanted to try an alternative. Frustrating that I can’t even enable it of course

alucryd

Does installing from the official store work? Is your NAS remotely accessible on a public IP so I could potentially do some troubleshooting via SSH?

Topgaza

My NAS isn't on a public iP. I'm not willing to open it up but I appreciate your offer 😀

I'll try from the official site. But I suspect there is a fundamental issue with TNAS allowing Emby to enable which may need to look at as it's not just me. Obviously a combination of TNAS and Emby

alucryd

It does work on different TNAS devices like the F2-221 so at the very least it's not a global issue. Also Terramaster does some testing on each device before putting packages in their store, which is why at least installing via the official store should work unless there's something wrong with your particular machine.