One of my library offer all media with identical version choice

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by CharleyVarrick,

CharleyVarrick

I have a movie library that is specific to music concerts, just shy of 400.

On any media page, I am offered to choose between identical version.

Further down on the same page, Emby does list 2 versions, but they are 100% identical in name, path, and details.

I have used the Split Version Apart button, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

image.png.ad444d737af8ec2f1233288cd34d6e71.png

image.png.755b1f983a8591618ee95b11903acbe3.png

• Solution
CharleyVarrick
Posted (edited)

Its fixed, but it wasn't pretty...😁

I moved the whole music shows parent folder and all its content to an unknown path to Emby,

then forced a Scan Library Files. Nothing happened, not even that little wheel spinning with xx% done.

Force a all library scans, every other showed the spinning thing, and again, nothing on this library.

If I enter the music shows library at this point (secret move of master folder+scans), I expect to stare at an empty wall.

Instead, all +/-400 shows were displayed as normal.Of course trying to play any of them resulted in a "no stream are available" .

Oh, and they all still offered version choice.

I ended up removing the library from dashboard and recreate it.

All version options are gone.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

Happy2Play

Yes with this duplicate versioning issue happens you will most likely have to remove the library to purge the database and readd.  As you noticed whatever rogue database isssue did not clear everything when you only moved media.

CharleyVarrick
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes with this duplicate versioning issue happens you will most likely have to remove the library to purge the database and readd.  As you noticed whatever rogue database isssue did not clear everything when you only moved media.

Hi Happy,

Thanks, but what about the library scans that were not starting (not like usual for sure) ?

Edited by CharleyVarrick

Happy2Play

Not sure would need to see the log as I would guess it would show it happened as the DB is actually broken per the rogue duplication to Path has to be removed.

CharleyVarrick
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure would need to see the log as I would guess it would show it happened as the DB is actually broken per the rogue duplication to Path has to be removed.

I've PM'd it.

EDIT: I later found another library that had same "version" issue and this time I went straight to remove and recreated library.

The previous library that wouldnt scan was \\Srvrv2\q\Spectacles\Music shows

The other that I just removed and recreated is \\Srvrv2\q\Spectacles\Spectacles humour

Edited by CharleyVarrick