Streaming getting stuck

Jey2024

Jey2024

Hey guys,

I've noticed my Emby streaming has been getting stuck in the past 2-3 days, and I'm not sure if there are any settings on the Emby side that I need to change. Firstly, I noticed this issue on my Android app - I move around a lot and had full bars of 4G coverage. The video would stream fine and then suddenly stop. I'd have to go back and start again.

Just a while ago, the same thing happened in my web browser. I was quite surprised because I'm not using Wi-Fi, but rather a direct LAN 1GBPS internet connection. When I checked the stats, it showed some transcoding information. Can someone take a look at that and tell me if it's causing an issue? When I refresh the page, it shows a blank screen. Please see the attached screenshot (emby2).

In my Android app, I purposely reduced the quality setting to 720p - 1Mbps.

To be honest, mobile streaming is not an issue, but I wish to try and fix the web streaming if possible. I've already opened a ticket with my seedbox provider but wanted to know if there's anything I could change in Emby.

Thanks

J

emby2.JPG

emby.JPG

Jey2024

I'm also attaching a screenshot of my internet speedtest. And all other streaming like youtube is working just fine.

I'm running - Version 4.8.3.0

emby3.JPG

Jey2024
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Thanks, Luke. Do you mind if I DM you the log file? I know we're not supposed to DM admins/devs without any valid reason, that's why I wanted to ask for permission first.

Jey2024

Hi Luke,

Thanks. I'm going to send you 2 log archives. One named EMBY-01.zip contains only a few log files, but there is another one called EMBY-02.zip from this morning with quite a lot of log files.

Hopefully, one of these logs will show you the actual issue at hand.

• Thanks 1

HI, have you updated to Emby Server 4.8.5? Has that helped?

Jey2024
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, have you updated to Emby Server 4.8.5? Has that helped?

I can update to 4.8.5. I read there was some issue with 4.8.4; that's why I didn't update the version yet. I will try to update it now. In the meantime, did you notice anything weird or any prominent issues in the logs?

Jey2024

I'm running the latest version, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue.

pektoral

Hello,

i have the same problem since version 4.8.x but only in the Webplayback. All my media is direct streaming every 10-15 min. the movie get stuck and is dropping frames.
After the first stuck it is enough to pause and unpause, but afterwards there is only the option to go back to main interface and start again.
If you want to start now from the last point of the video it is not playing again and you loose the point where you stopped. If you hit then again the movie play again
fine but after max. 10-15 min. it get stuck again. This was not happening before 4.8, i am running on the latest beta with firefox an debian.
It is not a media problem, all my media files running fine on a Samsung TV, Android Phones and so on...

Kind regards
pektoral

7 hours ago, pektoral said:

Hello,

i have the same problem since version 4.8.x but only in the Webplayback. All my media is direct streaming every 10-15 min. the movie get stuck and is dropping frames.
After the first stuck it is enough to pause and unpause, but afterwards there is only the option to go back to main interface and start again.
If you want to start now from the last point of the video it is not playing again and you loose the point where you stopped. If you hit then again the movie play again
fine but after max. 10-15 min. it get stuck again. This was not happening before 4.8, i am running on the latest beta with firefox an debian.
It is not a media problem, all my media files running fine on a Samsung TV, Android Phones and so on...

Kind regards
pektoral

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!