Restore the old people view after recent update?

QuiteTheKetch

QuiteTheKetch

I updated my emby server this morning to the most recent version and now when I click to go into the page for a specific person where their movies and shows section is no longer has a "view all" button as before and now lists everything in a horizontally scrolling list and I want to know if there is anywhere in the settings to revert this change back to before so you could bring up their complete list of entries in a page that looked similar to the collections and could be sorted and filtered like any other. The current one is really unwieldy and difficult to use for people who have a large filmography or if you want to get certain information at a glance (like their oldest film or most recent one). I took a cursory glance in the settings but I can't see anything that would affect this so I'm hoping I just missed it and not that its been removed entirely in favor or a less customizable system.

• Like 1

Hi, we are working on improving it.

now lists everything in a horizontally scrolling list

Hi, it scrolled horizontally before as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

QuiteTheKetch
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

yes i know but there was a button before to view it all in one page, that is gone now - can it be restored or has that been removed permanently? Before there was a limit to how many could scroll, that limit appears to be removed but with it the ability to view them all in a page. The ease at which I could sort and view my items in different configurations has always been the biggest draw of Emby over all other media servers for me.

Edit: removed incorrect information

Edited by QuiteTheKetch

Have you tried clicking the > arrow in the section title?

QuiteTheKetch
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Have you tried clicking the > arrow in the section title?

yes of course thats how I know you can now see all their films on the one line - what I am asking is why I cant change the view from the scroll to the page with thumbs like I could before. I know how to scroll them thats not the problem. I'm trying to get them in a page with their thumbs in a grid like I could previously. That no longer appears to be possible.

Hi, what do you mean? The way the posters are displayed is the same as before. That hasn't changed.

The only thing that has changed is the header text above each section.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Just need to add list view links back as episode and Trailers have them but not Movie & Shows since you combine them or individual links per Movies and Shows.

http://localhost:8095/web/index.html#!/list/list.html?type=Movie,Series&personId={id}&serverId={serverid}}

• Thanks 2

Just now, Happy2Play said:

Just need to add list view links back as episode and Trailers have them but not Movie & Shows since you combine them or individual links per Movies and Shows.

http://localhost:8095/web/index.html#!/list/list.html?type=Movie,Series&personId={id}&serverId={serverid}}

Yes this needs looking into. Thanks.

Smitty018210

Just put the see all option back! @luke

How many of these post do we need to see in the forum before you see removing it was a bad idea?

Not everyone likes to scroll horizontally for everything.

When you clicked on the see all option button it displayed everything in a very useful vertical grid, which made things easy to see.

Edited by Smitty018210
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

QuiteTheKetch
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes this needs looking into. Thanks.

Thank you and I'm sorry I couldn't quite explain it clear enough, I'm glad someone else with more technical know how came along to clarify while I was rolling back via snapper to grab screenshots but basically I was asking if there was a way to restore this, the "see all" button, on the films section. In the most recent that button is missing and you can only scroll.

Screenshot_20240421_142947.png

GrimReaper

Discussed yesterday already. Unacknowledged by the Dev, though (tagging aside). 

Smitty018210
4 minutes ago, QuiteTheKetch said:

Thank you and I'm sorry I couldn't quite explain it clear enough, I'm glad someone else with more technical know how came along to clarify while I was rolling back via snapper to grab screenshots but basically I was asking if there was a way to restore this, the "see all" button, on the films section. In the most recent that button is missing and you can only scroll.

Screenshot_20240421_142947.png

Luke knows what you are talking about. You are like the 4th or 5th post I've seen on this topic.

Edited by Smitty018210

Happy2Play

Yes there are probably a dozen or so of these topics.

QuiteTheKetch

ah, good to know. u.u I don't frequent the forums much only when something goes wrong or need tech support. Glad i'm not the only one complaining tho. Hopefully it can be updated, it incredibly unuserfriendly.

• Like 1

Smitty018210
39 minutes ago, QuiteTheKetch said:

ah, good to know. u.u I don't frequent the forums much only when something goes wrong or need tech support. Glad i'm not the only one complaining tho. Hopefully it can be updated, it incredibly unuserfriendly.

incredibly non user friendly changes happen around here a lot. lol

Edited by Smitty018210

p4nda

i also dont like the new version of it

before the update there was two independ rows.. one for Shows and one for Movies

please split it again up

i dont want see movies and shows mashed in the same row of endless scrolling

thx

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

kbeck
On 4/21/2024 at 5:18 PM, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Removing is no improvement unless you have the replacement done. This is at least twice things have been removed before the replacement is implemented. Poor programming.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1