Nothing shown without changing to folder view

wsxws

wsxws

hi there,

i installed emby server on a synology nas, but when i enter on of my libraries there is nothing shown.

i habe to switch to folder-view to see the items in there.

how to fix that

movie.jpg

folder.jpg

GrimReaper

How many libraries have you created and with which paths? Does your user have any Parental Controls enabled or Folder/Tag-based access restriction? 

jaycedk

Dev's need a lot more info than that.

wsxws

i run emby on several servers.

i have a premium subscription on my own. but i never experienced that behavior before.

i dont know what to tell you more.

i added 15 libraries in total and all of them act  like described above.

jaycedk

You could start here " see below " and supply logs.

4 hours ago, wsxws said:

i run emby on several servers.

i have a premium subscription on my own. but i never experienced that behavior before.

i dont know what to tell you more.

i added 15 libraries in total and all of them act  like described above.

Hi, what folder paths are added to each library?

wsxws

each library has a single path

/volume1/video/series

/volume1/video/action

/volume1/video/horror

and so on

i never experienced such a behavior before. the problem ist that i do not have access to the server atm (its at a friends house) so that i cant post a log atm.

Happy2Play

Only time we have really seen this is library path overlap.  That is why assigned folder paths per library is requested.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wsxws said:

each library has a single path

/volume1/video/series

/volume1/video/action

/volume1/video/horror

and so on

i never experienced such a behavior before. the problem ist that i do not have access to the server atm (its at a friends house) so that i cant post a log atm.

Hi, can you please list all of them? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Only time we have really seen this is library path overlap.  That is why assigned folder paths per library is requested.

Yes exactly. I think this is what we're going to find.

now i have acc to that nas.
updated synology OS and Emby Server
found a path overlap, removed it and all libraries containing movies work as expected now, thatnks for that hint

but the series library still does not. entering that library all episodes of all series are shown insted of the series (switching to folders helps as workaround)

only on path is assigend to that library (/volume1/video/3.SERIEN) which ist included somewhere else.

the folders are arranged as follows: /volume1/video/3.Serien/name_of_series/session_number/episodes

besides the view of the series library there are regulary following errors in attached logfile:
System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

any idea how to fix these 2 issues ?

embyserver.txt

i ment that there is no overlap

i meanwhile found the problem for the series-library, may i should have set up that server from the beginning on my own, would be much easier that finding errors.

the library was created for movies, not for series. i deleted it, created a new one and now it works like a charm.

so there is just the error shown in the logs the last thing

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

is there a limit to change/remove somewhere od something to be done on sysnology os to get rid of this error ?

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, wsxws said:

so there is just the error shown in the logs the last thing

is there a limit to change/remove somewhere od something to be done on sysnology os to get rid of this error ?

Great, thanks for your help.

And sorry for the pebkac questions abount the views. next time ill simply set servers for friends directly on my own and hand them over to them afterwards.