Missing "More" button when viewing page for actor/director etc?

Roger Graham

Roger Graham

When you click on (for example) an actor's thumbnail, you are taken to a page for that actor, with a text description and a list of the movies they have participated in.  This list is only a single line, so although there is a right-arrow button to scroll, it's a bit of a pain to see the entire filmography for an actor.  Happily, to the top-right of the list, there is was a "More" button; when you clicked that, the page updated to show all of the actor's movies.

As of recently, this button has disappeared for me (Chrome-based browsers, server 4.8.4.0).  Is this the same for everyone else?  And if so, is it by design (hopefully not), or is it a bug?  

(Separately, at some stage in the last year or so, clicking the "More" button associated with the text description pops up a text box, rather than the original behaviour of just expanding the text in place.  The previous behaviour was excellent, as you could look over the actor's filmography whilst reading the description.  Unfortunately, the new-ish pop-up box sits over the filmography, such that you can't see the list of movies you're reading about in the description.  Is there any way to revert this to the better, previous display method?) 

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, Roger Graham said:

When you click on (for example) an actor's thumbnail, you are taken to a page for that actor, with a text description and a list of the movies they have participated in.  This list is only a single line, so although there is a right-arrow button to scroll, it's a bit of a pain to see the entire filmography for an actor.  Happily, to the top-right of the list, there is was a "More" button; when you clicked that, the page updated to show all of the actor's movies.

As of recently, this button has disappeared for me (Chrome-based browsers, server 4.8.4.0).  Is this the same for everyone else?  And if so, is it by design (hopefully not), or is it a bug?  

Reported for Theater, I would assume same UI change made it's way into Web App as well. Not a fan of the change either, I much preferred Movies/Shows/Episodes split and an option  for "See All" as a vertical list, not horizontal scroller.

image.thumb.png.85880247ff55e2947172f463302dc646.png

vs. 4.8

image.thumb.png.56972dcffe9b7a506299d424c2c30b4e.png

Incomparable.

18 minutes ago, Roger Graham said:

(Separately, at some stage in the last year or so, clicking the "More" button associated with the text description pops up a text box, rather than the original behaviour of just expanding the text in place.  The previous behaviour was excellent, as you could look over the actor's filmography whilst reading the description.  Unfortunately, the new-ish pop-up box sits over the filmography, such that you can't see the list of movies you're reading about in the description.  Is there any way to revert this to the better, previous display method?)

Yes, that's another UI change introduced at some point during 4.7+ development, to say I also hate it would be an understatement. And no, you can't revert it. 

Edit: @LukeWhile looking at those screenshots, why has the Show title been removed from Episodes? As it stands now, it means basically nothing seeing Sx:Ey - Title without parent Tv show, as it was in 4.7+. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Agree 1

Roger Graham

Ah thank you - I mis-remembered it as "More", so my search for an existing report failed to find the post you referred to.

Smitty018210

Can the Dev team stop messing with the UI please!

This change is awful!

I HATE SIDE SCROLLING!

There are actors and actress that are in literally HUNDREDS of episodes. Why on earth would someone want to scroll left to right through all of those just to find one.

Will you please stop removing Vertical View options! For the love of god!

Edit:

I see that episodes is clickable and is in vertical view, thank god!

But Movies and shows are not.

I still hate side scrolling.................

Edited by Smitty018210
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

Yes the removal of see all I can understand as header title are clickable, but the combined Move & Show header is not, Episode and Trailer headers are no matter how many items.

no link

image.png.de282d0958dafea76ec7b4341dcf7add.png

links

image.png.95d2f67ac4ffa29f86cbbd3d2b3c8f4b.png

image.png.01aa106a5f20d726a99f41c857db5f31.png

• Agree 1

Smitty018210
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes the removal of see all I can understand as header title are clickable, but the combined Move & Show header is not, Episode and Trailer headers are no matter how many items.

no link

image.png.de282d0958dafea76ec7b4341dcf7add.png

links

image.png.95d2f67ac4ffa29f86cbbd3d2b3c8f4b.png

image.png.01aa106a5f20d726a99f41c857db5f31.png

Thanks @Happy2Playfor the info.

Removing "See all" option seems unnecessary. It was useful, and easy to find.

I had no idea you could even click the headers to open a new window.

To bad "actors" section doesn't do the same thing too. It would be nice to see all the actors listed on one page going up and down.

Scrolling through 20-30 actors in a movie to see who is in it drives my nuts.

• Agree 1

saltywatermelonsoda

Was the "See All" option for actors/directors removed in the latest update?

Screenshot_v4.8.3.0.png

Screenshot_v4.8.4.0.png

• Agree 1