TRANSCODING issue after update

chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

Before the server update to Version 4.8.4.0 the movie played fine. Then after update got this message...

IMG_20240419_145339.jpg

Is there a server log during this event? Would need to see that to determine why your server is refusing to serve the Roku. Did you deny transcoding?

Edited by speechles

chrisrobbins1970
Posted (edited)

I think i know what the issue is...I was using a BETA version for the ROKU. Installed the public emby from roku store and it played with no issues; direct play and all..now my issue with the alphapicker is back..oh well..

UPDATE..I was WRONG..still error

Edited by chrisrobbins1970

Just now, chrisrobbins1970 said:

log sent 3:17pmEST

HI, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

HI, apologies for the disruption. Replacement builds are currently uploading so please redownload the release from our website, install, and you should be good to go.

We'll also do a 4.8.5 this weekend to ensure everyone gets notified of the fix. Thanks.

chrisrobbins1970

is this the current release...  emby-server-synology72_4.8.4.0_x86_64

so please redownload the release from our website, install, and you should be good to go.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

is this the current release...  emby-server-synology72_4.8.4.0_x86_64

The original release has issues as discussed in other topic and devs applied hot fix and updated the current package.

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So it is currently rerelease with same version so users will have to manually update same version again if they have not already rolled back.

chrisrobbins1970

confirmed I was able to play movie on several ROKUs..one shows direct play and the other shows transcoding..

Thank you

• Thanks 1

chrisrobbins1970

..another WIN for EMBY.. the support team here is AMAZING.. with plex; maybe..maybe the next day you would get an answer... 

• Thanks 1