Need help troubleshooting why some folders won't stream to the xbox360

mozbius

Facts:

-Running Windows 7 64Bit

-Running Media Center

-Tried both MB Server v3.0.5395.0 & Beta 3.0.5421.0

-XBOX 360 connected through WiFi

-Tests ran with Firewalls turned off

-There is no special privilege/sharing setting associated to the folders that contain my movie files

Tests done :

-Some movies in a specific folder on the PC will not play on my Xbox360 ( I get a Connection failure error message)

-Those movie files will play fine though in the MediaBrowser in Windows Media Center (PC)

-Those movie files will play fine in the MediaBrowser on my iPhone 6

-If I make copies of those problematic movies to another folder the copies will play fine on the Xbox360!?!?!?!

Here's the link to a quick short video that I've made showing this unexpected issue: http://youtu.be/1t-8nzoTsx0

Are there logs that I can look at to help me figure out what is wrong here and perhaps fix this?

Only workaround that I've found is to :

1-Create a new folder in Windows to contain the video files

2-Delete the problematic Media Browser folder and create a new one with a different name (instead of "TV Show - X" it's now "TV Show -- X")

Other than that I don't think that there's anything that can be done about it except have this bug fixed.

I doubt there is actually a bug. Extenders run under a special hidden windows account and their access privileges have to be handled by you. I don't recall the details but we have plenty of 360 users here who can provide insight, I'm sure.

I understand but then again I haven't played with the folder's access privileges or sharing or what not.

And how do you explain that if I associate the Media Browser folder title that has issues with another folder in Windows all of a sudden  the content of that folder fails to be read?