Time driven auto log out

Christophe5214

Christophe5214

Hello everyone,

As far as I can see, in every Emby Theater versions I've tried (ie: Windows, web, Android, Lg WebOS), once a user has logged in, whenever the client i sstarted, it automatically logs in back on the same server and with the same credentials.

I fully understand the use case, and I also suspect it suits most people.

This means however that, whenever I watch a movie in the evening with my account, if I forget to log out (which happens all the time honestly 🙂), the next user (ie: my kids) in the morning suddenly has access to all my movies, and not only to the movies for the "kids" user.

=> Feature request: the option to activate, for each user, a time driven automatic log out function. That is, when Emby Theater starts, before automatically logging in with the last used credentials, it checks if that new option is active, look at how much time has elapsed since it last ran, and if this is more than 2 hours (this time could eventually be configurable of course), it does not automatically log back in.

Hi, yes this is the next improvement to make to our login features. Thanks for the feedback.