Add URL or plug-in to Channels?

EZEd

I don't know if this is a new feature request or if it is something that can already be done in Server.  So all of the Channels plug-ins are simply links to webpages.  Is there a way that we users can add URL links to our Channels? Either that or is there a way to make a plug-in that will allow links to webpages that we specify?

I am a subscriber to Time Warner Cable.  I also have access to a Fios TV account.  Both of these providers have both iOS apps and Android apps that allow live tv stream on phones and tablets.  They also have a live tv stream on the PC but quite simply it is just a URL link and a login page.

What I would like to do is have either a plug-in or way inside of MBT to bring up TWC or Fios live TV stream through this already established provider URL.  Is this possible?  What steps do we take to allow that?

If this requires a plug-in consider it a feature request to add TWC, Fios and I'm sure others would like to see Uverse and XFinity live stream capability through IPTV inside of either MB Theater (and possibly other clients).

The channel plug-ins are not just "links to webpages" but check out the Video Bookmarks plug-in and see if it does what you need.

Have any of the server or plug-in developers used cable or sat provider's online web stream apps or services.  Because of the login screens and such needed to authorize content and view the stream it might be a bit more to implement than what Video Bookmarks can handle.  If these services haven't been considered, please just pass along as another in a long list of feature requests.

it's designed for a direct video url, not a webpage with a login sequence. what you're asking for would be easy to add to the api, but then very difficult to coordinate amongst the app developers to get it utilized. and that's a big challenge.

Plus it would be extremely difficult to maintain and keep working as the source providers will probably change things with some degree of frequency.