Save episode thumbnails to media folder?

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

trying to figure out how to save episode thumbnails to the folder the media resides in. I don't mean the scrubbing thumbnails (I have the BIF files already) i mean the episode thumbnail shown when you view a season

image.png.cf823df11b1605ff1facb8fb11e9591b.png

is there a setting i am missing somewhere?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, runtimesandbox said:

is there a setting i am missing somewhere?

Library settings>Save artwork into media folders.

image.png.c1c2aef228759430ebf54a5b7f86ba14.png

runtimesandbox

i have that enabled, i get all the season posters saved but no thumbnails for the episodes

GrimReaper

That's odd, as it should apply to all artwork types. Try unselecting and selecting option again, Refresh metadata on an item. Do yo have download images in advance option enabled as well?

runtimesandbox

yes download in advance is enabled too. disabling / reenabling appears to have made it work for newly added shows - is there a way to get this to apply to all pre existing shows? running the refresh metadata scheduled task and library scan hasnt done it

GrimReaper
Just now, runtimesandbox said:

reenabling appears to have made it work for newly added shows - is there a way to get this to apply to all pre existing shows?

As noted at the top of library settings, every change to library settings applies only to newly added content going forward - for existing content Refresh Metadata is required.

image.png.092c1a430b04b852108b4928027a4030.png

3 minutes ago, runtimesandbox said:

running the refresh metadata scheduled task

Sorry, which task would that be? There's no Refresh Metadata scheduled task that I know of.

runtimesandbox

sorry i meant the scan metadata folder task. 

So doesn't look like any method other than deleting and readding the library to get this to apply to historical shows? 

GrimReaper

sorry i meant the scan metadata folder task.

Nope, that one only detects changes made manually to server metadata folder.

So doesn't look like any method other than deleting and readding the library to get this to apply to historical shows? 

Or multi-select desired Shows>Refresh Metadata on three-dot menu top-right or right-click library thumb>Refresh Metadata.

runtimesandbox

seems like quite the slow way of doing it. how can you see the progress of the metadata refresh?

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, runtimesandbox said:

how can you see the progress of the metadata refresh?

AFAIK there's no indication save log entries.

runtimesandbox

Slightly annoying, the only way to get it to work is to select "Replace existing images" which then deletes any additional / custom backdrops and other art you have applied. Does not feel like the best way to refresh missing content 

Happy2Play

That is the issue as they are not missing.  They are just in a location you don't want them /metadata/library/xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder.

Your only other option is remove the library, scan and readd to keep your existing image.  Or poke around in the database delete all the episode images that exist in /metadata/library and Refresh search for missing.  Really depends on how much work you want to do.