Broken: Special Episodes not retrieving Season location from TheTVDB

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi since last update I've noticed that special tv episodes (Season 0), even are correctly identified, are not retrieving season location from the TVDB even this info is available, here an example:

SPECIAL EPISODE:

image.thumb.png.549af67badb5f3519aa29e9f70608458.png

THETVDB INFO ON THIS EPISODE INCLUDING SEASONING LOCATION:

image.thumb.png.add451685a15ab94e61930f84a24effe.png

BLANK METADATA ON EPISODE FOR SPECIAL EPISODE:

image.thumb.png.384755ffd5a2b6de943dc7479365e3bf.png

Can u please take a look at it as soon as possible ?

Thanks

GrimReaper

As I understood it, behavior for importing special episodes placement has been changed to grab it for "Critical to the show's story" tagged Specials only (with possible option to control that in the future). Relevant discussion starts somewhere here:

DarkStar1977

Thanks will follow the discussion there but 

In the past versions there was an option to show specials on the seasoning or not, I don't understand why this have been removed.

In fact for me moving from Plex to Emby was mainly for 2 reasons:

Showing missing/upcoming episodes in the seasons

Showing specials in the shows seasons correct placement.

Both have been removed ...

DarkStar1977
43 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

As I understood it, behavior for importing special episodes placement has been changed to grab it for "Critical to the show's story" tagged Specials only (with possible option to control that in the future). Relevant discussion starts somewhere here:

BTW, this is not only realted to "Testing Area", the production version 8.3 already has this behaviour.

Hi, is the special marked as critical to the story on tvdb?

DarkStar1977
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, is the special marked as critical to the story on tvdb?

No, but I don't care, I want it on the correct location on the season as it was without manual intervention.

Happy2Play

Now it is a matter of waiting for the plugin to be updated with controls then you will have to refresh all of the specials.

DarkStar1977
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Now it is a matter of waiting for the plugin to be updated with controls then you will have to refresh all of the specials.

I don't want to have to refresh all the specials, I really don't understand why this have been removed, was perfect, the people that does not want the specials on the season had it and the ones we want it we had it.

I'm really disappointed with the evolution of Emby, if I can rollback to 4.7 I've already done it despite the security hole of only supporting SMB1

HI, yes we can certainly add more flexibility and control related to this. Thanks for the feedback.