Movies Library changing location

Hugues
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Hugues

Bonjour.

Due to HDD faillure i move my movies library (in progres) to  Another Hard Drive. How restore metadata.

Thanks

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Hugues said:

Bonjour.

Due to HDD faillure i move my movies library (in progres) to  Another Hard Drive. How restore metadata.

Thanks

Do you save metadata and images with media?

If not then the existing metadata/images will be deleted a Emby purges the item from old and reimport from new.  As there is no simple update path.

Hugues

no i dont save metadata and images with media. The backup plugin not allow to do that ?

It's Just a change of drive letter. 

Thanks for your reply

• Solution
Happy2Play

No as Emby's database behaviour is remove and readd items in the database so items lose database only metadata and their id folder linked images.

So drive letter changes can only be done in some cases by manually doing updates to all locations in the database as library path, item paths, images all are changing.

The plugin only backup existing database and metadata folder if you enable but that does no contain metadata only images for items as nfo info in only written in database.

Users have had mixed results.

UPDATE "main"."MediaItems" SET "Path" = replace( "Path", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."MediaItems" SET "Images" = replace( "Images", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE Images LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."MediaStreams2" SET "Path" = replace( "Path", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."Chapters3" SET "ImagePath" = replace( "ImagePath", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE imagepath LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."ItemExtradata" SET "Value" = replace( "Value", '"Path":"C:\\Users\\Media\\Desktop\\Videos', '"Path":"E:\\Media' ) WHERE value LIKE '%"Path":"C:\\Users\\Media\\Desktop\\Videos%';

If you filled in Network path on Library setup you will could need to update in options.xml and itemextradata. xml is obsolete in new 4.8+
Cinema Intro plugin paths