Mac hangs when replacing images

TroyKing

TroyKing

I'm using a Mac that is connected to a Synology NAS to. Most of the time when I replace a poster image it hangs pretty much anywhere I do it. I've used the web UI, iOS app and have even tried doing it on the mac itself. Media plays perfectly fine, I can't seem to figure out the issue.

Emby Server Logs.txt

hi, is your volume not reachable?

2024-04-14 05:18:40.123 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Darwin 23.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 23.4.0: Fri Mar 15 00:12:49 PDT 2024; root:xnu-10063.101.17~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T6020
	Framework: .NET 6.0.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 10
	Data path: /Users/abdiel/emby-server
	Application path: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/Volumes/Emby/media/Peliculas/Oppenheimer.2023.1080p.BluRay.DUAL.DDP5.1.H264-CASROCK-poster.jpg'.
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetSKFileStream(String path)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Drawing.Skia
	TargetSite: SkiaSharp.SKFileStream GetSKFileStream(System.String)
	Path: /Volumes/Emby/media/Peliculas/Oppenheimer.2023.1080p.BluRay.DUAL.DDP5.1.H264-CASROCK-poster.jpg

TroyKing

I restarted my NAS a few times to try and fix the problem, I also changed the Ethernet cable. That could be why those errors showed up

OK in that case, can you produce another log file example? Please restart Emby Server, then make the problem happen again, and then attach the emby server log. thanks !

TroyKing
5 hours ago, Luke said:

OK in that case, can you produce another log file example? Please restart Emby Server, then make the problem happen again, and then attach the emby server log. thanks !

I also uploaded a screen recording

Emby Server.txt

Is your nas running when this happens? Or is it sleeping?

TroyKing
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Is your nas running when this happens? Or is it sleeping?

No I have that feature disabled. Also, in rare occasions it works fine but then it stops working right after so I'm not sure that's the issue

TroyKing

I just noticed that any changes I make to the metadata get reverted after a library scan

19 minutes ago, TroyKing said:

I just noticed that any changes I make to the metadata get reverted after a library scan

Hi there, let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

Just for kicks, if you disable the library image caching feature, does that help? It shouldn't make a difference, but we need to find out what I/O operation is hanging. That's most likely either the file copy or the download.

TroyKing
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Just for kicks, if you disable the library image caching feature, does that help? It shouldn't make a difference, but we need to find out what I/O operation is hanging. That's most likely either the file copy or the download.

So now it doesn’t hang but it doesn’t actually change the image. In this video I’m choosing the images that look different from the options, but they never change

Also I’m not sure if this might be a cause but this server is using a backup from a Synology. 

embyserver.txt

Edited by TroyKing

It sounds to me like the disk I/O operations are never completing. can you temporarily enable debug logging, then restart the server, recreate the issue, and then attach the debug log? Thanks.

TroyKing
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

It sounds to me like the disk I/O operations are never completing. can you temporarily enable debug logging, then restart the server, recreate the issue, and then attach the debug log? Thanks.

embyserver.txt

Please try removing these plugins:

2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading InfuseSync, Version=1.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/InfuseSync.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/Statistics.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading Podnapisi, Version=1.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/Podnapisi.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=2.1.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/playback_reporting.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications, Version=3.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.dll

Then restart the server and see how things compare. Thanks.

TroyKing
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please try removing these plugins:

2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading InfuseSync, Version=1.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/InfuseSync.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/Statistics.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading Podnapisi, Version=1.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/Podnapisi.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=2.1.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/playback_reporting.dll
2024-04-23 18:26:40.721 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications, Version=3.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /Users/abdiel/emby-server/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.dll

Then restart the server and see how things compare. Thanks.

It didn’t fix the issue. However, I did notice the issue only occurs with poster images and thumbnails. Backdrops work perfectly fine for some reason

embyserver.txt

Very strange. Well we have a 4.8.6 update dropping tomorrow, so please try that once available. Thanks.