Audio mismatch on increased playback speed

tzubairi

tzubairi

Hi i’m trying Emby for the first time. I’ve been a long time Plex user sometimes I watch my media on an increased playback speed. This was a feature missing in Plex and that’s why I decided to switch over. Mostly when I want a quick recap of the previous episode I watch at an increased speed either 1.25 or 1.5. I’ve noticed that when I increase the playback speed on Emby for android TV on nvidia shield it creates an audio mismatch. I press audio correction and then it solves the issue but I think it starts to transcode something. Any solutions? Previously I was using VLC which also offers an increased playback speed feature and did not have audio mismatch issues. FYI i’m on the trial period currently, haven’t purchased yet. Is it possible the issue is that there is no hardware acceleration at the server? I assumed that the trial period would give you all the features to try. TIA

tzubairi
27 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Here is the log file. I was playing at 1.25X and then when the audio mismatch started I selected "playback correction" and that fixed it but I believe that starts some transcoding as well which I want to avoid.

ffmpeg-remux-4d41b58c-0229-48d7-be49-7ba3f73093fe_1.txt

It may be that we really need to transcode for this to work properly given we are trying to stream copy the video but convert the audio to AC3 - or it could be that we need to convert the audio to simple stereo.

Try turning off the option to convert unsupported audio to Dolby and see if that makes it work right when remuxing.

tzubairi

I see, so when I press playback correction that is just transcoding the audio? The video is still direct play original quality?

5 hours ago, tzubairi said:

I see, so when I press playback correction that is just transcoding the audio? The video is still direct play original quality?

Hi, it depends on how it's initially playing, but sometimes, yes. Then if you do playback correction a second time it should transcode everything.