TV Shows library is empty

JoshWP
Go to solution Solved by JoshWP,

JoshWP

Sorry to necro an old post but I thought it better than creating a new one. I'm having the exact same issue. I've got libraries for Movies, Anime, Shows, etc. These were all behaving exactly as normal and then suddenly "Shows" refuses to populate, showing 0 entries. I can't understand how this happened as not a single change was made to the system or server from me. It was working two days ago, I went to sleep, and when I got back on to watch stuff the next day the library was empty. Library pathing is exactly the same, no duplicates, and all files are physically present and accurate to the path. I looked at the log but couldn't really make heads or tails of it (attached). Also included screenshot of the Library screen on the backend.

I *am* running this off of a TrueNAS system, but no changes were made to the system/NAS either. I have SMB access through Windows to the file structure. 

Help would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-04-12 141043.png

embyserver.txt

@JoshWPplease try running a library scan and then attaching the emby server log. Thanks.

JoshWP
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you sure you ran a scan here and waited for it to finish? There's not much in this log file.

Interesting. I definitely did! I'll do it again, following these steps:

1. Went to the Library screen of the backend.
2. Clicked on "Scan library files" button, waited for the can to complete
3. Went to the Logs screen
4. Clicked on the download button for embyserver.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by JoshWP

JoshWP

Hi @Lukesorry for the ping, were you able to take a look at the server log? It's definitely a larger file/log but I'm not seeing anything in there that stands out as a problem.

What is directly under /media/Shows ?

• Solution
JoshWP
Posted (edited)

*Sigh*. Well, your question just encouraged me to check. /media/Shows is just the root directory for all the media of that type. There's nothing there normally except folders and files. HOWEVER, when I looked just now, I found a .ignore file 😑

Somehow I must have pasted it in there without realizing it? I have no recollection of doing this or even adding .ignore files to any of the folders in recent weeks, so I have no idea how this happened. Either way, deleting that file fixed the issue and I feel like a big ol' idiot. 

Thanks for your help, I'll mark this as solved. 

edit: SOLUTION - If this is happening to you, you may have accidentally dropped a .ignore file into the root directory of your media. Delete it. 

Edited by JoshWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1