can have a single library that takes content

Fixii99

Fixii99
I have two devices. You have installed and created the library on the first computer. I want to use this library and add the content on the other device. Every time I try to access the library, it shows me the files on the first device. I also want it to show the local disk of the other device so that I can have one library that takes content from two or more devices.

Hello Fixii99,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, can you share that other disk over the network? Then you can import it into Emby Server that way.

Fixii99

Can you explain this matter, and if there is a video explaining this on Windows, I will be grateful to you

Fixii99

Can I share a disk or file from a European RDP? To my local desktop ? Or the participant must be on the same network

jaycedk

If you want to share a file from pc to pc, on local lan is easy.

pc -> internet -> pc

You would need a vpn site to site connection, to mimic local lan share.

I have never done that.

Edited by jaycedk

Hi.  Are you sure you actually need two servers?  Exactly what are you trying to accomplish?

Fixii99

The main library is linked to the first device that has the content on it. I have other content on my local device. I want to synchronize it so that it is displayed in the library as well, and the library takes content from two devices.

Fixii99

Instead of uploading the content to the first server, I just sync it with my device, so the library takes the content directly from the first RDP device and the other local device, and displays it with each other, because the content is so large that I do not want to upload it to the first device. It will take time and take up space, Therefore, it is best to find a way that enables me to connect the library to two, three, or more different devices (one library, multiple devices). I hope you understand me 

jaycedk

TBH this is a OS/network level thing, you need to setup your selv.

This has nothing to with Emby.

You as the admin, need to do this, Emby can't do this for you. 

On 4/13/2024 at 6:55 PM, Fixii99 said:

The main library is linked to the first device that has the content on it. I have other content on my local device. I want to synchronize it so that it is displayed in the library as well, and the library takes content from two devices.

You need to be able to access the folder using the file system, can you set that up? For example:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/map-a-network-drive-in-windows-29ce55d1-34e3-a7e2-4801-131475f9557d

This requires them to be on the same local network, but maybe there is a way to mount one from a different network.