Roku Won't Disconnect From Server

Scott310

Scott310

Hi there guys!

So here is the deal.  I have a family member that accesses my server remotley using a Roku 2 XS.  I set them up yesterday and they watched one movie using the official Mediabrowser Roku app.  I had theme music enabled for all movies.  After the movie finished the server showed me that the roku was still playing the theme music.  I thought after a while it would just disconnect but now the server shows me that the roku has been playing the theme music for the last 18 hours lol.  I tried using the remote function this morning from my house to see if it would stop it and I received an error saying "operation has timed out".

Any ideas?

Maybe a workaround would be to just disable theme music?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Scott310

I just called them and asked them what screen the roku was on.  He turned on the tv and said that it was still on the movie detail page and he could hear the theme music playing.  Usually the roku will eventually close out apps by itself and return to the home screen but I guess if it still playing any media (even theme music from a movie detail page) it won't close out and go back to the home screen.

The only work around I see for this was, I told him to make sure that when he is done watching a movie press the home button to close media browser or just disable theme music.