Apple TV Emby App Port Screen Issues

aguevarra25

aguevarra25

Hi, I'm trying to edit the port number on the port screen through the Apple TV Emby app.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Emby app several times. I have turned the Apple TV on and off. I have made sure the Apple TV system is up to date.

When on the port screen, I am not shown any numbers, just this line that is to the far left of the screen. When I click the main button on the Apple TV remote it apparently hits "1" but there is no way to move said line, delete the "1" or enter any other number and press enter in any way. 

IMG_8238.JPG

aguevarra25
Posted (edited)

I cannot select anything from this screen, except click the remote button, and it enters a "1". 

The video I uploaded shows the line on the left blurring, that is me trying to move the line/select anything, to no avail. Except to click and enter "1".

Edited by aguevarra25

SamES

I'm not sure why you're not seeing any on-screen keyboard as this is native and should be being automatically displayed.  

It also looks like your screen size is incorrect - everything on the screen should be centered.  What ATV device type and tvOS version are you using?  What is the TV resolution and is the resolution set correctly in the ATV settings?

aguevarra25
Posted (edited)

I'm using 4th gen ATV Model A1625, tvOS 17.4 

TV is Samsung UN50MU6300 3804x2160 UHD/4k/2160p

Resolution in ATV is 1080p HD - 59.94Hz

Attached is a photo of what the "connect to server" screen looks like, I'm assuming the port screen should look the same?

IMG_8241.JPG

Edited by aguevarra25

SamES

What type of remote are you using?

Port keyboard should be similar, but this doesn't look right.  Can you change the ATV to 2160?

6 hours ago, aguevarra25 said:

Resolution in ATV is 1080p HD - 59.94Hz

Edited by SamES

aguevarra25
Posted (edited)

Using the remote (I think Model A1962 ) that comes with the ATV Model A1625. Have also used the remote on my iPhone to enter numbers with success, but cannot move to connect or move the select "line" anywhere else, the blurry line on Port screen remains in the same place. 

Unable to change res to 2160. I tried playing around with different res' on ATV and TV and still no change to Port screen.

Edited by aguevarra25

SamES

There is actually an issue in both of your screen shots.  In the server entry, you should be seeing the full server url on screen, and for the port entry there should be a row of numbers (keypad) under the text entry box.

However, I don't understand your comment.  Why can't you change this to 4k/2160 in the AppleTV setup?  What happens when you try?  Maybe you have a faulty HDMI cable.  Can you please try another cable

If this problem still occurs using a new cable then please try and uninstall the Emby app from the ATV, reboot the ATV and try installing it again

aguevarra25

I cannot change to 4k/2160 in ATV settings. Only shows 1080p as highest res. I have changed the HDMI cable with a 4k capable cable with still no change. Have uninstalled, rebooted, reset several times. 

I'm not sure if the issue is with the ATV or the ATV Emby app. I was able to download the Emby app on my SamsungTV and was able to sign in fine and stream. I am now using the app on the SamsungTV and not the ATV which isn't ideal, but it works. 

SamES

Is the AppleTV connected directly to the TV, or is it connected to a receiver via HDMI which is then connected to the TV?

Personally, I prefer the Samsung App over the ATV app as it generally DirectPlays a broader range of files without any transcoding.   I'd be interested in your thoughts on the pros/cons after you've used it for a while