Run-away Emby on debain 11 server

requa3r0

requa3r0

Hi.

I have an Emby server Version 4.8.3.0 that keeps running away on CPU load.

The server is connected to a watt-meter and I can see the power consumption skyrocket.

It was much worse until I realized that I had scheduled automatic subtitles download task.

This has been disabled. (I seriously think this should not be part of a standard setup - but that is a another issue.)

I still get power surges, yesterday it was running on 100% on 1 CPU for no reason. And it had been running like that for hours.

So I restarted the Emby service.

This morning it was going wild again, at 07:35 for some reason.

No one is using the server, and no scheduled jobs are running and the library was not updating, from what I can see...no spindling dials on any libs.

What is this task in htop?...do I have a problem with the installation or setup.

NB: I migrated my entire server installation (Full SSD) as a VM host under Proxmox, but that should not be the issue.

That works great by the way..can recommend ;O)

from log. To large for pastebin - hope this is ok for now..

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

&

2024-04-12 00:01:07.985 Error App: Error sending socket message from 192.168.1.100:37757 to 239.255.255.250:1900
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.0-19-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (13): Permission denied
	   at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(Tuple`3 socketTuple, Memory`1 messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()

cpu-graph.PNG

Emby-runaway-cpu-htop.PNG

yesterday-full-power-7-22-no-reason.PNG

Q-Droid

You should attach all logs from Emby that cover the timespans in your graphs.

Happy2Play

The error you reference is for DLNA, do you use DLNA?

requa3r0

The server load maxed out  again today at 0730, 0800 and 1000

it seems to be scheduled task...downloading subtitles and update of lib. etc.

But I have removed all scheduled tasks.

The library  is extensive, and i don't what any scheduled tasks.

How do I get this under control?

Removing them in the scheduled task in the interface does not work properly.

Subtitle download are not suppose to run etc. I get them ad hoc when i need them.

another-highload-0800-no-reason.PNG

jaycedk

Devs still need logs from that time.