Getting errors in playback watching on my Samsung TV and my Mac laptop

Popzipie

Popzipie

Hey folks, 

I'm new to Emby and trying to get it set up and working currently. I've set up my server and added files to my library. I can watch them on the app on my android phone no problem. But when I try to play them from my server directly on my Mac laptop I get an error: 

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details

Then when I try to watch on the emby app from my Samsung TV, I can see all the content listed and it's syncing to the new content I'm adding but when I try to play it, it gives me a different error below. When I select the content and click play, it loads for a few seconds then the error pops up on the top right, stays for a few seconds and fades and comes back again in a few seconds and there's the blank video playback screen for a few seconds then it closes that and goes back to the movie details page.

Media player error code: PLAYER_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED, player state: IDLE

I couldn't test it on Mac App as it said I needed Premium to do that, so tests are based off of my phone Android app, the Mac web server and Samsung Smart TV. 

I can see errors in the logs for all attempts, even the one after using my phone where the playback worked. It shows permission denied, I think when it was trying to access the server, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot or fix it. I then tried it again after messing with my library directories and created a new one without the extra folder of genre, though I know that the help centre said you can create additional folders to help organise your files. Got the same error either way when trying to watch the content. Why would I be able to watch content on my phone from my server but not other devices including the server itself? I can cast the content that I watch on my phone to my TV. Testing it with mp4 files. 

• embyserver.txt - log from my first test on the mac
  • embyserver.txt(1) - log from my second test on mac after creating a new library with a new folder configuration
  • embyserver.txt(2) - log from my third test on the Samsung TV

Thanks! 

embyserver.txt embyserver (1).txt embyserver (2).txt