Samsung Tizan plays for many minutes then quits. HTTP GET 206 in log.

jvlake

jvlake

Setup is a Samsung Tizan 7 TV connected to a PC (windows 10, 12GB, 4 core, emby server) via crossover cable. The PC supplies the TV internet. The TV is ip 10.0.0.3, the PC is ip 10.0.0.2

I can play shows for many minutes 4 to 17, sometimes longer, but at some point every show will freeze and the TV application quits.

When the show freezes there is a log entry [C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs\embyserver.txt]:

2024-04-11 18:25:37.203 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 206 to ‌‍‍10.0.0.3‌. Time: 281209ms. GET http://‌‍‍10.0.0.2‌:8096/emby/videos/59570/original.mp4?DeviceId={device_id}&MediaSourceId={media_soure_id}&PlaySessionId={session_id}&api_key=‌{api_key}
2024-04-11 18:26:35.646 Info SessionManager: Session {session_id} has gone idle while playing
2024-04-11 18:26:35.648 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby for Samsung 1.7.0 on Samsung Smart TV (UA55CU8500SXNZ) playing {show_name}. Stopped at 1164018 ms

59570 is the actual MediaItem id for the show that was playing as retrieved from the sqllite database library.db, MediaItem Id.

Oddly if I view the log in a hex editor the http entry is garbled unicode; http://xn--10-i1tea.0.0.xn--2-sgn:8096/...

It's like the tv starts streaming and then waits for ages to GET some information about the show, but the GET request is faulty.

Attached is a screen shot of the log in a hex editor, something is very strange with the requested url that times out.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 6.51.39 PM.png

Hello jvlake,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

jvlake

btw, I have searched the knowledge base for 206, tizan, crashes, quits, etc... Hopefully it's something silly that I'm doing wrong :)

jvlake

xn--10

-i1tea

.0.0.xn--

2-sgn

10.0.0.2... in PunyCode? Is that by design?

jvlake
Posted (edited)

Media Playback Issues

• Please create a topic in the community. done (this messages' topic)
  • Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Make sure to indicate which Emby App you're using. If you're using a browser, then please indicate what browser you're using. done (this messages' topic)
  • If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue. done (there is no message, it just closes the tv app)
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log (ffmpeg log) was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well. attached to this message
  • If you are using the Roku or Android TV specific app, please also follow the instructions below to send a log from the app. There is no debug option in setting for the tv app, afaik

EmbyServer.dll[.exe] has the version 4.8.3.0
    I delete the log directory contents prior to restarting the emby service and reproducing the crash, there were only these three files in the log directory

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63848531753.txt readme.txt

Edited by jvlake

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have you updated to Emby server 4.8.5? Has  that helped?