User Switching Not Working (In AppleTV and Web client)

Schof

Schof

I have an Emby server running on an old MacBook Pro, and use the Emby client directly from a web browser, and the Apple TV, and a Roku TV.

All my devices are accessible only from my local network. I do not intend to share out over the Internet, and if I ever, do, I will use Tailscale so nothing is open to the public Internet.

The users are myself and my son. I would like to be able to switch users between my son's account and my account, without entering a password. Currently to log into my account I have to select my user and type a password, and to log into my son's account, I have to select "Manual Login" and type his name and password.

I've read on the docs, forums, and Reddit. Apparently there's supposed to be a checkbox in the user edit screen to allow passwordless login, but that does not appear for me.

Is there a way to achive my passwordless utopia? Thanks very much!

Hi, when you switch user, how are you switching?

Schof

After literally WEEKS of researching this I posted this question and five minutes later found a post about "Hide this user from login screens..." and unchecking that has solved at least one of my problems. I can now switch back and forth between my son's account and myself on the Apple TV without passwords. Not sure it's solved everywhere yet but this is huge progress!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1