Anyway to prevent Emby from showing weird folders and files ?

ng4ever

ng4ever

During the transfer of movies or tv shows at first to the hard drive that is used for my Media on Emby.

The scanner picks up the undone file or files sometimes. It fixes itself but wish there was a way to not have it happen at all. lol

Hi, what is a weird folder or file?

Happy2Play
22 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

During the transfer of movies or tv shows at first to the hard drive that is used for my Media on Emby.

The scanner picks up the undone file or files sometimes. It fixes itself but wish there was a way to not have it happen at all. lol

Would need to disable RTM or change the delay to higher than 60 seconds.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
13 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

I had this problem for a while, I do not like the fact that scans of partial files produce weird results and any bif files created were simply screwed up, and i fixed it by taking advantage of how Windows handles moves.
I created a temporary directory outside of where Emby looks for files. 
I then copy/move files coming from elsewhere into that directory and then, after that process completes, I move it into the Emby file system.

That way the move into Emby is almost instantaneous. 

I have no problems with partial files since starting that.  

I think Emby could delay the scanning, when using real time monitoring, so that any copy process is nearly assured to complete before Emby scans. 

I developed a way to automate that process but I found my script had some bugs and I do not really have a problem with doing the moves manually. 

Sometimes it is much easier to avoid a problem than it is to fix it.

I do not trust Emby's automated systems as sometimes they screw up badly and this is one of those times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ng4ever
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Would need to disable RTM or change the delay to higher than 60 seconds.

What is RTM and what would disabling it do ?

How do I change the delay to higher than 60 seconds ? Would that actually work ?

Happy2Play
39 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

How do I change the delay to higher than 60 seconds ? Would that actually work ?

Real Time Monitoring setting per library to catch items as they are added/changed.

image.png.551956cd30be4ce10a98b21fc8ff55c4.png

The delay interval is in the system.xml

Disabling it would mean items are not imported until schedules scan or manual scan.

rbjtech
11 hours ago, ng4ever said:

You may possibly reduce the occurance but all it is doing is allowing more time for the copy to complete but of course as the RTM schedule is fixed duration and your copy is not - you may still get the issue.

I do something similiar to what @Gilgamesh_48suggests - As part of a pre/post-processing script, I copy/build the file with an extension that emby ignores - file.mkv.tmp   Then when the script completes, it simply renames/removes the .tmp extension, leaving emby to then pick up the file on the next RTM (if you have it enabled) or on the next scheduled or requested scan via the API/script.

Edited by rbjtech