IPTV Fallover / Fallback

kpirnie

kpirnie

I dont know if Im wording this wrong, but what Im wondering is...

If I have a couple iptv providers and they have 10 channels each... all the same channels...  if i combine the provided m3u's so theres 2 streams per channel, will Emby fall back to the second stream if the first does not work? and/or vice-versa...

kpirnie

wondering if i should feed them through NextPVR...  xteve cant...

neik

57 minutes ago, kpirnie said:

if i combine the provided m3u's so theres 2 streams per channel, will Emby fall back to the second stream if the first does not work? and/or vice-versa...

Afaik this is not possible with Emby.

What I'm wondering though is if TvNext would handle it better.. @softworkz, can you comment on that?

kpirnie
2 minutes ago, neik said:

Afaik this is not possible with Emby.

What I'm wondering though is if TvNext would handle it better.. @softworkz, can you comment on that?

I googled a little for that, but didnt see much other than what looked liket a not so legitimate website...

kpirnie
13 hours ago, neik said:

Hmm, what do you mean?

TvNext

Doesn't bring anything up except a couple forum posts here, and a very odd looking website...

kpirnie
16 minutes ago, neik said:

Read here:

Yes, I saw that.  All it is is a tease post, and nothing else.  So... not very helpful...

kpirnie
13 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

it is absolutely possible with tvnext

Is there a link to download it?  Only thing I've seen is information about it.   I'm going to give tvheadend a whirl today

Spaceboy

unforunately not. it was released as a seprate branch in 2020ish and went through a testing process - i think it was fairly complete from my involvement at the time. but since then we have been waiting for emby to merge that functionality into the core system. there was no response for a long time but last month we at least got commitment that the tvnext functionality will come to the core of emby. but still we wait...

• Like 1

In TVnext, there's a detailed modeling of tuners - which can be hardware tuners or M3U sources. For hardware tuners it knows how many streams (muxes) are available. For M3U sources, you must enter the number of simultaneous streams are supported (or guaranteed to be available and not used elsewhere).

This way, the engine is always aware which tuner streams are available and which are in use, so there is no trial=>error=>fallback mechanism needed.

The same channels from different tuners can be merged into a single channel, for which you can configure how many streams of each tuner may be used for that channel, plus  the order of their allocation. On top of that, tuners can require a certain permission level, which means that when the allocation order is TunerA_1, TunerA_2, TunerB_1, TunerB_2 and a user has only permission for tuner B, for that user, tuner B will be used, even when tuner A would have free resources.

It's also possible to split a channel in a way that for example, one is using TunerA_1 and the other one is using TunerA_2 only. Then you could for example keep one of the channels hidden from other users and use it for recordings only. 
There are many possibilites... 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

kpirnie
11 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

unforunately not. it was released as a seprate branch in 2020ish and went through a testing process - i think it was fairly complete from my involvement at the time. but since then we have been waiting for emby to merge that functionality into the core system. there was no response for a long time but last month we at least got commitment that the tvnext functionality will come to the core of emby. but still we wait...

Ok.  so... for now, it looks like i'm stuck with something like StreamMaster