Emby App compared to HDHomerun App

JackBowman

JackBowman

As you know OTA transmissions have noise issues from time to time. For me it is when the sun rises in the morning or during heavy Sun flare activity. I have good signal strength as the transmission towers are relatively close by. What I have noticed is the HDHomerun App does not hang but rather just displays digital artifacts on the screen and then continues on. When direct streaming with Emby the result of this noise is the video freezes and only the sound continues on. If I set Emby to transcode live tv then both the sound and video hang. It would be nice if you could have Emby continue on as it causes anything being recorded to be hung as well. I don't mind the occasional artifacts, but do miss out on some recorded shows. As always thanks for all your hard work.

Jack

JackBowman

I will pull the logs next time live tv hangs. Probably in the AM tomorrow at sunrise. Thanks, Luke! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
JackBowman

I had Antenna problems and a flakey switch port which affected the server but not the HDHomerun app witch is android. The above is a non issue now. My apologies and Thank you for your attention on this.