Group Versions not Available on Multi Season shows by default

JohnB86

JohnB86

I just wanted to make you guys aware of a bug/issue with group version and multi season show.

If you have a multiple version of a TV show with just one season the group version function works perfectly. When you select the season episode you go to the index view. In the index view you can have the ability to select which version you what to play as pictured below

image.png.7c74e69f2d054bcaa0b0d7dcb69462ff.png

However the default behavior of multiple Season TV show is to start episode playback immediately upon selecting an episode. You are not brought to the index view as pictured above. To enter the index view you need to select the episode discerption beside the title. Then you reselect the episode to get to the index menu. I've replicated this behavior on two different Emby servers. I can't find a way/option to permanently disable this behavior , maybe I'm missing something ??

Tested on two servers running Emby Version 4.8.3.0. 

Edited by JohnB86

hi, is this the same conversation that we're having in your other topic?

JohnB86
Posted (edited)

Hi Luke, I don't have any other thread started. I did reply to thread on Movie Versions and the naming protocols.

The issue in this separate from that completely :-) 

It is actually more a problem with with episodes not defaulting to the index view when selected. It doesn't affect tv series with just one season. It affects those with 2 seasons or more. When there are two or more season the episode just plays when selected, it doesn't go to the index view where you can select audio, subtitles and view information of the files codecs.

Edited by JohnB86

OK yes it is true that when you just play all on the series, then you will not have control over which versions are used.