Path length

sabayon

sabayon

Hello together 🙂 
Is it possible that EMBY has difficulties with longer directory paths? Yesterday I already had the problem that in an anime subfolder in the "Series" library, all series received completely nonsensical information and images about a Spiderman animated series, even though I know absolutely nothing about Spiderman. I have now created the folder with the anime series as a completely independent library and have noticed that the problem has disappeared as if by magic. So is it because of the path length?

Thanks for your input in advance 🙂

GrimReaper

That is somewhat broad description. Which platform? If under Windows, you might've hit 260-characters path limit (that's Windows, not Emby) but without specific example it is just a wild guess. What are you old & new paths?

sabayon
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That is somewhat broad description. Which platform? If under Windows, you might've hit 260-characters path limit (that's Windows, not Emby) but without specific example it is just a wild guess. What are you old & new paths?

Hello 🙂
I have the EMBY server running on Synology NAS (DSM 7.2.1). Originally I wanted to create anime series as a subfolder in the Series library. But apparently that leads to problems. There is no error message, it just doesn't work reliably. If I create two or three series in this subfolder, it just works. But if these series still have subfolders after several seasons, it becomes a real mess. 🤷‍♂️

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, sabayon said:

Originally I wanted to create anime series as a subfolder in the Series library. But apparently that leads to problems. There is no error message, it just doesn't work reliably. If I create two or three series in this subfolder, it just works. But if these series still have subfolders after several seasons, it becomes a real mess.

As said, without specific example it is all speculation. I would assume your issues stem from number of libraries and their paths/folder organization/naming convention used rather than path lenghts but that's again just a guess.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

Yes the more nested/subfolders you apply to a Library the more dificult Automatic detections can get and possibly get the wrong level identified as a Series.  But without specific information it is impossble to say.

In theory Yes you can have a library pointing to TV and Nest Anime into that same library just like putting A-Z subfolders for organization.

image.thumb.png.5014687070ed4f4d47e0f9a77fff9ca4.png

So structure/naming scheme and provider plugins will have an affect on Identification.

rogaven

Wenn ich mich recht erinnere und mich der Link nicht in die Irre führt, befinden wir uns hier im deutschen Teil vom Forum.
Mich stört es nicht, wenn hier auf englisch geantwortet wird; wird sich nicht verhindern lassen, aber wenn der Thread komplett in englisch ist, dann hat er hier, meiner Meinung nach, nichts zu suchen.