When the lights go out

ng4ever

ng4ever

What is the best way to still have all your media available to you so you can still watch it on your iPhone (14 pro max or lower) and iPad (basic iPad 9th generation or lower) with Emby?

Seedbox with Emby?

Cloud storage connected to Emby somehow if that is even possible?

or what?

The Emby iOS download feature can help keep some media downloaded on the device.

ng4ever
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Luke said:

The Emby iOS download feature can help keep some media downloaded on the device.

True but that only if you have the space on your devices :(

Plus if you remember to do it or know what media you want before the lights go out.

Edited by ng4ever

Dickydodah!

If you are refering to power outages you can use a UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply) on your server and also on your broadband router. It would take a reasonably sized UPS to keep the server up for a sustained amount of time but the router would be a smaller load. I have a battery backup on my router, not strictly a UPS but does much the same thing and a 700VA UPS on my server which allows the server to gracefully shutdown after about 15 minutes of no power. I live in a rural area and power outages are common. most are a few minutes but on the odd occasion they can be protracted. My solution is more for protection but a large UPS could keep you up and running for a considerable time and a backup generator or solar panels to recharge the UPS would make it a long(ish) term solution.

If you are talking about the Zombie Apocalypse I can only reccomend a big gun and plenty of ammo 🤣

• Haha 1

visproduction

This plugs into the charging plug of my Samsung 5G phone and gives me 512 GB.  You may need to take a break after a movie to recharge.  I think it's a pretty good deal.  The other end flips around to a regular USB 3.2 connector.  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1658082-REG/sandisk_sdddc3_512g_a46_512gb_usb_c_a_plastic.html

TMCsw

Having your emby running on a VPS is probably the most versatile (and expensive).

Much cheaper: Book (printed or e-reader) and maybe a flashlight?😉

• Haha 2