New TV-Show don't show up in EMBY

sabayon

sabayon

Hello everyone. 🙂

I recently downloaded a new TV series and saved it to the Series folder accessed by EMBY. Normally new series are found and integrated by EMBY. For the current series, even after multiple library scans, I cannot find the series in EMBY. I followed the naming convention. What could that be about? Is there another way to add a series manually?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-09 um 15.20.55.png

Happy2Play

Please provide the server log for when you added this show.

But testing this imported without issue.

sabayon
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Please provide the server log for when you added this show.

But testing this imported without issue.

Eeeehm, how? I mean, the show is added to the Series folder (as many other shows before), see the screenshot. But EMBY don't start to create that *.bif files nor download any pics. Can I start that process manually beside scan the library again and again?

And where I find the server log?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, sabayon said:

And where I find the server log?

If Realtime Monitoring or a library scan is not picking up media there is not manually that can be done.  And would suggest misidentification or possibly permissions.

sabayon
25 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

If Realtime Monitoring or a library scan is not picking up media there is not manually that can be done.  And would suggest misidentification or possibly permissions.

Hhmmm, I see. As I'm currently browsing, this affects several series, especially those in the anime genre. The naming convention is the same for everyone, just like live action series. It just doesn't find any information about the anime series. For almost all of these series, some information and images from a Spiderman series are displayed instead. Also the episode names and episode descriptions are from a Spiderman series that I don't even have saved. Very strange.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, sabayon said:

Hhmmm, I see. As I'm currently browsing, this affects several series, especially those in the anime genre. The naming convention is the same for everyone, just like live action series. It just doesn't find any information about the anime series. For almost all of these series, some information and images from a Spiderman series are displayed instead. Also the episode names and episode descriptions are from a Spiderman series that I don't even have saved. Very strange.

Without logs to show the query that happened for the show and what providers were used it is just a guessing game.

So misidentification happened and you will have to select Remove Identification and reidentify, or just reidentify via three dot menu on Series.

sabayon
59 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Without logs to show the query that happened for the show and what providers were used it is just a guessing game.

So misidentification happened and you will have to select Remove Identification and reidentify, or just reidentify via three dot menu on Series.

I deleted all the anime series from the series folder and copied them back in without the *.bif files. Now it works, the series are displayed correctly. I don't want to call this a "solution" directly, but in the end it works that way. 🤷‍♂️🙂

• Thanks 1