Still possible to purchase an app unlock with a one time payment?

Oltranzista

Oltranzista

Just bought a new Chromecast/Google TV and installed Emby on it. To play back my media it says I need to purchase a Premiere (monthly) subscription, but the notes in the Google Play store say it is possible to purchase an app unlock with a one time payment.

I'm unable to find any way of paying to unlock that app that isn't the monthly subscription, so has the one-time payment option been discontinued? 

I only want to use Emby to stream my own media over my own network, so have no need for the features in Premiere. Happy to pay to enable that, but the app is useless to me unless that's an option.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

GrimReaper

If you installed Emby for AndroidTV app - you can Unlock app (one-time fee).

If you installed standard Emby for Android app - it requires active Premiere subscription for use on TV devices (App unlock is available only on mobile devices).

41 minutes ago, Oltranzista said:

I'm unable to find any way of paying to unlock that app

Hi.  On the same screen where it is asking you about purchasing Premiere, is there not a "Just Unlock the app" button?

Oltranzista

Thanks for the reply.

That was the problem. I'd just installed the first version of the app that popped up on the screen without realising there was a TV-specific one.

Now downloaded, unlocked and working fine.

Thanks again for the help.