Tv series extras folder question

all4dom

all4dom

What has changed in emby server 4.8 fo tv show extras? I'm updating some of my media & I'm adding the extras in season 0 folder but if there is a better way especially with the extras being a lot. I would like to try to keep them in each season folder.

Thanks

Dom

Happy2Play

What exactly are you looking for as most is talked about here?

And some here

all4dom

@Happy2PlayI know we have a season 0 folder for a tv show, but with the new update do we have say season 0 & also a featured folder or maybe we can add each season folder extras into that season where season 1 episodes would also include the extras?

tedfroop21

If you want,  edit the meta data.  You can set season and episode where the special shows up.

I just tried it out and if you add a special as Season 5 Episode 12, your season will show two episode 12's in the play order for the TV season.  They will also still show in Specials. ( I think - I just made changes to see what Emby showed in the season)

If you make changes be sure to enable NFO's so your changes "stick" should something happen to your server.

image.thumb.png.4e016423eb9c57d5adbe7284db35005f.png

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, all4dom said:

@Happy2PlayI know we have a season 0 folder for a tv show, but with the new update do we have say season 0 & also a featured folder or maybe we can add each season folder extras into that season where season 1 episodes would also include the extras?

Yes you can put in Season 0 and apply position data or put directly in Season folder per folder naming or directly with episode for special assigned to specific episodes.

Support for special folders underneath season folder:

• extras
  • specials
  • shorts
  • scenes
  • featurettes
  • behind the scenes
  • deleted scenes
  • interviews

Episodes can be a little tricky

Support for specials right next to the episode files:

• Dexter S01E01 - Episode Title-featurette.mp4

But further documentation will be needed for what will work against specific episode.

• Dexter S01E01 - Episode Title-Deleted Scenes.mp4

Or if nested episode structure will work.

Doctor Who (1963)\Season 1\Doctor Who (1963) S01E01\Doctor Who (1963) S01E01.mkv

Doctor Who (1963)\Season 1\Doctor Who (1963) S01E01\Extras\Deleted Scenes S01E01.mkv

But in the end Season level Special appear the same as if you stuck them in Season 0 with positioning data.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, all4dom said:

So @Happy2PlayI can have a season 0, specials & extras folder?

Folders yes segregation in the UI no as every folder name is just an alias.

More aliases for Season 0 folder underneath series:

• extras
  • specials
  • shorts
  • scenes
  • featurettes
  • behind the scenes
  • deleted scenes
  • interviews
  • Thanks 2